Kingston HyperX 2133mhz SO-DIMMs get Intel XMP certified

Kingston today announced that its 2133MHz HyperX 4GB SO-DIMM memory kits (Kingston part #: KHX2133C9S3K2/4GX) have achieved Intel XMP certification. The notebook memory modules are the first and fastest to be validated. That is insane memory speed for a notebook, but we are glad to see companies like Kingston are continuing to push the performance envelope for enthusiasts around the world!

hyperxcladsodimm.jpg

Kingston tested the 2133MHz kit using CL9-11-9-27 timings at 1.5 volts on the ASRock HD65-MXM motherboard using Intel’s latest second-generation Core i7-2920XM processor. Intel’s results are posted here. The 2133MHz HyperX 4GB SO-DIMM memory kits push the current frequency boundaries of notebooks.

• Thumbs Up 2

It'll fit. I have similar modules, but certified only up to 1866 mhz. Problem is that since the R2 doesn't support XMP, it clocks to 1333mhz. If there's a way to implement intel XMP in the R2 BIOS, then we should be able to set it to speeds higher than 1333.

• 2 months later...

I feel like it's actually the GPUs that are the major restriction on scores - my 2600k is only slightly faster than a 2920, but my desktop nearly doubles the scores of gaming type benchmarks (7.7k vs 14.1 3dm11.)

To delve a bit more, the 2920 seems to pull 10k+ in 3dm11 physics, I only get 12k at 5.2ghz! That 2920 is basically a 2600k mobile version.

GPUs however... 8706 on 6990s.... 15272 on 580s.... Granted the 580s are watercooled, but still. If I could hook the 580s to my 18x with a 2920, I think it'd pull ~ P12500+

• Founder

yeah I agree, the CPU right now on the M18x with the unlocked BIOS is limited by the GPUs, hopefully the 7000 series will change that

offtopic - if only there was a converted for the desktop cards to fit to the mxm interface

offtopic - if only there was a converted for the desktop cards to fit to the mxm interface

OT again, sorry... If only we had access to the MXM specs, since it is based on PCI-e it should be possible to hack something together...

And back to topic: 2133MHz RAM on the notebook... overkill - so exactly what we need here at T|I :D I wonder whether DDR4 is still on schedule, if I remember correctly it was once planned to be released next year.

Was just about to pull the plug on some 1600Mhz. I skipped the 1866Mhz because they have CL11 where as the 1600 ones have CL9. As far as I can tell, the timings are a bit lower on the 2133Mhz than the 1866Mhz ones which looks promising. So...guess I'm gonna keep saving and wait for the 2860QM and 2133Mhz. Anyone know where I can get the former?

yeah I agree, the CPU right now on the M18x with the unlocked BIOS is limited by the GPUs, hopefully the 7000 series will change that

It's obviously a little far off, but still....

post-111-14494991693323_thumb.png

Magma Announces ExpressBox 3T - Thunderbolt to PCIe Expansion Chassis

• Thumbs Up 1