[solved] Vbios flash

Blitz

well i finally got a master and a slave card for my crossfire to work on my 5870's my question is will flashing the vbios help with any performance, i've noticed a few studderds and screen doing weird things almost like tearing but not quite i'm curious if doing the flash will help them run a bit smoother or maybe better here are my specs

920xm 0ced to 3.6

Dual 5870's

500 momentus xt and 750 gb 7200

8 Gb 1333 mhz G.Skill ram

M17xr1, chassis, Lcd, Keyboard etc..

EDIT by svl7

Solution: Slight stutters and similar are a known issue with dual card systems (SLI / CrossFireX). Updating the GPU drivers and CAP can bring improvement, as well as patches for the application.

In case the manufacturer of the system has a VBIOS update available, it's definitely worth flashing it, but this generally solves different issues than micro-stuttering.

Edited by svl7

even if the bios are different? and i did flash and it seems to have cleared it up also thanks for you help StamatisX you've been great i finally got the working m17xr2 i've been trying to achieve for less then 1k thanks again if i have any other problems i'll be lurking around

• Founder

The only vbios flash that would benefit you is if the cards came with the old vbios from Dell so check this post for further instructions

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x/51-ati-amd-5870m-vbios-flash.html

when you say

even if the bios are different?
what do you mean exactly? like if there is any relation between BIOS of the motherboard and VBIOS of the GPU card that will affect the stuttering?

• Founder

For the motherboard the BIOS should be A10 and for the GPUs the VBIOS should be A01. Those are the latest ones so if can make sure that he has those installed and still experiences stuttering issues he can eliminate the combination of BIOS/VBIOS and concentrate on drivers or faulty hardware.