List of useful things when getting the m14x?

Hey guys, just registered a while ago. I was on the NBR forums for a while but just got tired of their misinformation (then when me or someone else corrects them, they say its wrong)

Anyways, Im going to get my m14x soon (ordering maybe tomorrow?) and even though I've done alot of research I'm kind of confused now. So I know that Dells drivers arent the latest 555M drivers and such, so I need modded INF's and such. I know theres a brand new driver, but it appears to be buggy. Its really just stuff like this. So any m14x users that can kind of compile a list for me would be fantastic (like the latest best driver with a link) and things like that. I dont plan on reinstalling the OS but I know there are fixes for the 40hz problem such. So stuff like that. Kind of alot but if anyones got nothing to do it would be great. Thanks.

Welcome

I am sure Stevenx will answere to you questions, me i have my machine since over 6 weeks and i haven't change anything i am all in stock am waiting to see what others are doing and ones i see a real progress i will go ahead and do some changes.

So try it for a few days do all the upodates get use to it and then see what others are doing >> my 2 cents

This is for gears. Just a quick 3 minute gameplay recording focused on the fps while playing.

game settings (1366x768) no AA, enthusiasts (max) for everything as shown in video.

video card at 750/1000. At stock speeds it goes from 16fps-21 fps and it makes my stomach sick so...

CIMG1248.MOV

my advice would be to update to the 2275.33 driver (there is a thread on this board by stevenX) and from there just try and see how far you can overclock your GPU.

use EVGA and take it slow.

i use 750/1080 some use 700/1000 and the highest ive seen is 790/1080

the m14x is a powerful little notebook (little for me anyway lol) and it dosnt really need anything aside from a modest overclock.

Michael - I am not really hard on notebooks as I dont travel as much as I used to. I will say that the m15x feels so much more solid than the m14x. It just does. The m14x has the nice "im lite and modern" feel but the m15x feels like you could throw it into baggage check, pick it up ,throw it on the ground, pick it up, power it on and it works. The m14x I sometimes dont realize it but I am very careful with it. I "handle it with care" so to speak. That's just my .02

I like the tougher feel of the older machines 17xr2 and m15x. But I like the 6 pounds of the m14x.

• Thumbs Up 1