Disable the "Free Fall Sensor" or "Accelerometer" or whatever it´s name is...

n3ocort3x

Hy guys...

Maybe we can fix this together like we did in the past on other things...

My Problem...:

That really freakin "accelerometer" or "free fall sensor" in the m14x...

Does anybody know the following things:

1. Where is this piece located ?? Is it in the SSD or on the Mainboard ??

2. Is there a way to disable that thing... ?? (already uninstalled it in Device manager, in BIOS i cant find anything)

I cant even go with the notebook open from one Desk to another to print something... it will shut down when I move it to

a wrong position...

When i close it and move... nothing happens.. its only when its open...

This is really annoying... i recognized it late (after 6 months) because most of the time i move with the laptop closed... but in the last 2 days i experienced this...

(as i wanted to watch a movie in bed... and when i move to the printer...)

greetz

Hy guys...

Maybe we can fix this together like we did in the past on other things...

My Problem...:

That really freakin "accelerometer" or "free fall sensor" in the m14x...

Does anybody know the following things:

1. Where is this piece located ?? Is it in the SSD or on the Mainboard ??

2. Is there a way to disable that thing... ?? (already uninstalled it in Device manager, in BIOS i cant find anything)

I cant even go with the notebook open from one Desk to another to print something... it will shut down when I move it to

a wrong position...

When i close it and move... nothing happens.. its only when its open...

This is really annoying... i recognized it late (after 6 months) because most of the time i move with the laptop closed... but in the last 2 days i experienced this...

(as i wanted to watch a movie in bed... and when i move to the printer...)

greetz

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m14x/608-please-help-dont-know-what-do.html#post7143

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m14x/608-please-help-dont-know-what-do.html#post7077

these should help as Michael said disable the service no need to find the device in device manager.

Like steven said I don't even install the driver so its the only hardware with no driver installed... but if it is it will infact be in your device manager

check under device manager>system> might be called mobile data protection sensor