Dropping my brand new 2013 Triumph Daytona 675 :(

StamatisX

• Founder

On my way to work today with my 3 days old Triumph Daytona 675 an old man with a scooter that was driving on the very right lane on a 3 lanes road (on a turn right only lane), decided to go straight instead, no turning signal, no indication, nothing...

post-3-14494995816072_thumb.png

I was already leaning so I can take the turn when I realised he was coming straight on me from my right side. I straightened the bike and slammed the brakes (no ABS...) fortunately without locking them but I ended up hitting the side of the pavement and dropping it quite hard.

This is the aftermath of the crash...

post-3-14494995816381_thumb.jpg

The clutch cover and the fairing next to the side stand have scratches and I need to figure out how to repair them...

This pic was taken right after I arrived at work where I was trying to assess the damage from the impact and check the front suspension and steering... (my colleague at that time didn't know what was going on and thought it was funny so he took a pic)

post-3-14494995818132_thumb.jpg

The bike has less than 100 miles on it... it just ruined my day...

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL I usually hit the gym every day... (except sundays that it's closed)

How do you manage to recover so quickly? Why no muscular fatigue?

And sorry for your bike.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Founder

@Arise I do only one muscle group at a time with one day of cardio (usually a day before the arms) so they have almost a week to recover

@angerthosenear yeah just those deep scratches... I am planning to get an engine cover kit GB Racing Motor Protektor Kit Triumph Daytona 675 R 2013 Engine Case Cover Set | eBay so I can avoid unpleasant surprises in the future...

• Founder

First thing, glad you are Ok! Secondly, damn that sucks!!

That would've ruined my day as well man. Did you see a professional about fixing the paint yet?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

• Founder

I have to wait till Monday so I can ride to various shops, show them the damage and ask for prices... I just don't want to remove the engine cover since the bike is brand new and I would rather find a solution that doesn't require disassembly...

• 2 weeks later...