Modded Quadro nvdmq.inf v332.21 AW M17XR2/R3/R4 3D + M18XR1/R2 GTX 680M / 780M

J95

• Lower voltage to sustain clocks (780m 1006/6000) compared to GF 332.21/331.93 (+12.5mV) Obs. Mr. Fox results were Identical/previous drivers, no improvement.

• Low fps spikes.

Fire Strike 6772 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3940XM,Alienware M17xR4

NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro Notebook Driver Release 332.21 WHQL

PhysX 9.13.0725

- Extract w/ 7-Zip -> 332.21-quadro-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql -> Delete the following folders -> Display.NView, NVWMI, Display.Update, Display.Optimus -> copy/overwrite nvdmq.inf Display.Driver -> Run setup.exe

- Install PhysX -> reboot.

nvdmq.inf_v332.21_AW_M17XR2_R3_R4_3D_M18XR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M.zip

nvdmq.inf_v332.21_AW_M18xR1_R2_GTX 680M_780M_SLI_Enabled_.zip

OK, here are the results with 3DMark11. This my preferred benchmark since it is CPU heavy. Fire Strike gives comparatively little weight to CPU performance, so it does not reflect overall system performance as well as 3DMark11.

While it did not improve the benchmark score, it also did nothing to adversely affect it. As you can see, the graphics score on both systems remained identical between both drivers.

What is more remarkable is the difference between the M18xR2 and the Alienware 18. They are running the same vBIOS, yet the M18xR2 performs better in Physics and Graphics performance.

Alienware M18xR2 - 331.82 GeForce Driver Alienware 18 - 332.21 GeForce Driver
[ATTACH]10655[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]10658[/ATTACH]
Alienware M18xR2 - [FONT=Verdana]332.21[/FONT] Quadro Mod Alienware 18 - 332.21 Quadro Mod
[ATTACH]10656[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]10659[/ATTACH]

I did not test Vantage before I installed the Quadro mod. I only tested 3DMark11 since it is the most challenging benchmark. It would have been better to test Vantage versus 3DMark Fire Strike though. I wish I would have thought to do so. I guess I was rushing too much. I was excited about a driver tweak, LOL.

The driver seems to work exactly the same for me, so I will do more testing and if it works well I will keep it installed for a while. It certainly did not seem to impair performance in any way.

Maybe some of the other guys will want to try it and provide feedback.

FYI - I had to mod the Quadro INF for the Alienware 18. The hardware ID was missing. The hardware ID for the 18 is 05AB1028. It required no mod for the M18xR2... installed effortlessly per your instructions.

Edit: LOL! You said VOLTAGE and I read Vantage. All 4 runs were with stock GPU voltage and stock core/memory clock speeds. The setting that was not stock is both machines had the CPU clocked at 4.3GHz. I will see if I can overclock the GPUs to a higher speed without over-volting them. If I can, that would obviously be a noteworthy accomplishment.

Expecting the voltage requirements to be lower too, I will not push the GPU all the way until I find a fix for the BIOS power lock, games also run smoothly with this driver...clean drivers as GF used to be.

The options are still there,

FeatureScore = DA

NV3DVisionDisallowServer = 1

NVDefaultBPP = 32

NVDefaultHorizontal = 1400

NVDefaultVertical = 1050

NVIR3DDriverDisallow = 2

NVSupport3DVision = 1

NVSupportGFExperienceExtendedOptions = 1

NVSupportNVWmi = 2

NVSupportNview = 1

NVSupportPerfDriver = 1

NVSupportPhysx = 1

RegisterDLLs = nv_common_registerdll__01

• 4 weeks later...

I have unlocked my vbios for my 770m using the one posted here on these forums. I now no longer have the throttling issue and love it. I am ready to overclock the card but when I use MSI afterburner to overclock the card, I keep getting display driver crashes. BTW its only on Crysis 3 that I have tried to overclock with and at default clock speeds, I get no crashes.