Options for replacing network adapter

yogesh40124

I currently have a Lenovo Y410p laptop and I'm having some issues with the current network adapter (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230). Additionally I have heard that the performance of this network adapter is sub-par. I want to replace my network adapter but I don't know where to start looking for one that is suitable. Just looking for some guidance to get started.

I've already modded the BIOS on my laptop so adapter compatibility should not be an issue... I think.

• 3 weeks later...

What issues are you currently having?

I use the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 myself on two laptops. Every once in a while i transfer big files of multiple gigabytes and the performance is very good, it usually caps out at the maximum HDD speed.

You should also take into consideration if you want the adapter to support bluetooth or not.

• 2 months later...
I currently have a Lenovo Y410p laptop and I'm having some issues with the current network adapter (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230). Additionally I have heard that the performance of this network adapter is sub-par. I want to replace my network adapter but I don't know where to start looking for one that is suitable. Just looking for some guidance to get started.

I've already modded the BIOS on my laptop so adapter compatibility should not be an issue... I think.

That depends on your router ofcourse you won't benefit from 7260AC if you dont have an AC capable router. Make sure to also invest on a AC powered router or a dual band N router. I also suggest a usb type network adapter so that you can use it on your future laptop since mini pci is being replaced with m.2 socket wifi adapter.

• 2 months later...
That depends on your router ofcourse you won't benefit from 7260AC if you dont have an AC capable router. Make sure to also invest on a AC powered router or a dual band N router. I also suggest a usb type network adapter so that you can use it on your future laptop since mini pci is being replaced with m.2 socket wifi adapter.

I agree here, all I put in my laptops are the Intel 7260AC. It's (2x2) dual stream and dual band. It will work with the legacy B/G/N setup and have you ready for future upgrade of your router.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Network Adapter (7260.HMWWB.R)" for my y510p. It was around $20-25 and does everything I currently need. Having to mod the BIOS for it is truly a hassle.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a 7260AC for my Y400, and it seems like the best option available. Antennae configuration is already compatible and performance is great assuming you have the correct settings and drivers (some of the driver revisions I've heard had problems). Even if you don't have an AC network I'd still say go with the AC card, it's an ~$10 difference and more than worth it for future proofing.

• 4 weeks later...