GT70-0NE Dead 680m Got GTX 680M Alienware M18Xr2 M17xr4 >.<

BlakMarket

Hi,

Well my nVidia Card died after 18 months of use, I was playing ffxiv and suddenly computer turned off, when I tried to turn it on i got one pulse on the power button and thats all.

So First thing I tough its the gpu, so I open the computer, remove the gpu and all runs fine, then I'll go to ebay find the cheapest replacement card i see (BAD IDEA), and buy one:

Dell Nvidia Geforce GTX 680M Alienware M18Xr2 M17xr4 Laptop Video Card 680M 2GB

Card came, I install the card first time I boot it turns on and turns off, then second time I power up it start runing bios test and then font became huge and it hangs.

>.< Theres no way I Can boot, so I remove the card and continue using the Intel HD4000

Can I do Something with the card, or I just trow away $410.00 triying to save (LOL).

Thank you in Advance.

look it up in ebay and see if it was described as "AS IS" or "not working"

You can open a dispute in ebay if the card is damaged.

edit:

well you can open the claim if its NOT as described.

That means, if it does say its not working, you cannot do anything. But I doubt anyone would be selling damaged card for that price...

I Do not think is not working, because computer tries to boot, I Think is because the vbios, so my question is,

Is there a key combination to blindflash the vbios???, because it gets to the post screen.

Or you say should work? the seller said it will work on alienware and he sells only for alienware, card is new not used. :(

• Bios Modder
Hi,

Well my nVidia Card died after 18 months of use, I was playing ffxiv and suddenly computer turned off, when I tried to turn it on i got one pulse on the power button and thats all.

So First thing I tough its the gpu, so I open the computer, remove the gpu and all runs fine, then I'll go to ebay find the cheapest replacement card i see (BAD IDEA), and buy one:

Dell Nvidia Geforce GTX 680M Alienware M18Xr2 M17xr4 Laptop Video Card 680M 2GB

Card came, I install the card first time I boot it turns on and turns off, then second time I power up it start runing bios test and then font became huge and it hangs.

>.< Theres no way I Can boot, so I remove the card and continue using the Intel HD4000

Can I do Something with the card, or I just trow away $410.00 triying to save (LOL).

Thank you in Advance.

For MSI GT70 0NE you need use GTX 680M from MSI or Clevo, not from Dell.

As for vBIOS you cannot flash a clevo or MSI vBIOS onto a Dell card, so don't try it.

I'm surprised that the card doesn't work anyway though. Have you tried pulling the CMOS battery?

Hmm nope, I will try this tonight, thank you I'll report back tomorrow.