ATI 7970m on MSI GT60

omega939

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys... Anyway I bought one gt680m from eurocome. It's a beast of a card... One thing i've noticed when looking in the bios... My GT60-onc became GT60-one!! which is great.. I've looked on the bios version between gt60-onc and gt60-one on msi website and they both have the same version. So if msi tech people have a new bios release can i use the gt60 one instead?

Would you guys know of a cooler or additional shims or mem shims to mod or add in the gpu heatsink for this laptop? when im playing games the temps reaches to 90 degrees (I can't tame this beast when it comes to temp + with afterburner while playing dx11 games). Of course I am using the latest modded vbios of sir svl7 which is a great vbios for this card...

• 4 weeks later...
before ivy bridge msi doesnt supporty any switchables option to save power- then you can put almost any card [except kepler with some exceptions]

Correct. And Kepler doesn't work because Nvidia introduced Optimus from the top to bottom this generation.

One advantage i see with optimus. The battery takes so long to drain. If you watch blue ray movie, you can still finish it. The battery still have enough juice to browse and do some office spreadsheet work... Btw can gt60/70 handle gtx 700 series gpu?