Lenovo Y50 Scroll Issue

jgreenbaum

So I recently purchased a Y50 and have had it for almost a month now. About a week go, I ran into a really annoying problem that arose seemingly out of nowhere.

When using applications like google chrome, or even Steam, the screen immidiately scrolls to the bottom of the page, and the mouse locks up. It seems as though the computer thinks the PgDn key is being held down. I can negate the effect by doing Ctr Alt Del but the problem does return, often within seconds. It makes working and browsing the internet a pain.

I have since disabled the PgDn key, and also removed the key to verify there was nothing stuck under the key. Has anybody else had this issue or could suggest a possible solution?

Also, how would I go about sending in my computer to repair (I purchased the "3 year depot" plan when I bought the laptop.