y480 screen upgraded to 1600x900 from t430

treynolds

So i upgraded the screen in my y480 to the optional screen from the t430. So now its a matte 1600x900. The problem is that the screen only displays every other column of pixels. the extra ones it shows as just a whiteish yellow line. The machine reads the resolution properly but wont display.

I was thinking that possibly if i dropped in the video bios for the t430's quadro card it should work because its the same chip as the gt640le in my y480. Problem is that i don't know how to do that. I am running the modified bios to support my killer 1203 card. But i had this problem with the stock bios and the modded one.

Maybe there is something in the bios?

Thanks for the help

Not sure if your system would work with the quadro vbios... soldered on GPUs are a bit unpredictable when it comes to this, at least from what I've seen so far.

• 2 months later...
Any other ideas?

I found a guy over on the lenovo forms suggesting maybe the cable needs to be upgraded

Y480 screen upgrade - Lenovo Community

I'm not sure if they make a cable that would fit however.

lenovo just released the y410p with the 14 inch 1600x900 option. if someone could look into this for us, i think that might be the winner!