Gigabyte P35W v2 - GTX 870M [6 GB]

I would love to be able to lower the voltage of this guy to lower its heat. I realize that there are a few modded VBIOSes for the GTX 870M, but since Gigabyte is sort of fresh in the notebook industry, there may be some differences in their variant of the card.

Here is the VBIOS: GK104.zip

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

• Bios Modder
I would love to be able to lower the voltage of this guy to lower its heat. I realize that there are a few modded VBIOSes for the GTX 870M, but since Gigabyte is sort of fresh in the notebook industry, there may be some differences in their variant of the card.

Here is the VBIOS: [ATTACH]11884[/ATTACH]

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi. This is for you.

GK104.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm preparing to flash this tomorrow, and I would like some tips first beforehand.

I have done the following:

* Changed my BIOS from UEFI to legacy mode

* Prepared a bootable flash drive with all the necessary files and the VBIOS

I would appreciate it if someone could clear these up for me:

* If something goes wrong during flashing, would I still have a video feed? My CPU (Intel Core i7-4710HQ) has an integrated graphics chip (Intel HD Graphics 4600) in it, so I'm guessing it'll use that.

* I'm only going to undervolt my GPU; not really worried about overclocking. Is there anything to worry about? What would happen if I undervolt it too much?

UPDATE: I went ahead and flashed the VBIOS provided by Klem without a problem. I can now see a few things in GPU-Z that were previously not present, such as temperature and voltage. Now it's just a matter of changing the voltage.

• Bios Modder

:) You ask lowered voltage for GPU core. I just do it. :)

Flash your original stock vbios, run GPU-Z monitoring window and run 3D Load. Look at your voltage. And then flash mod vbios and run GPU-Z monitoring window and run 3D Load. Look at your voltage again.

:) You ask lowered voltage for GPU core. I just do it. :)

Flash your original stock vbios, run GPU-Z monitoring window and run 3D Load. Look at your voltage. And then flash mod vbios and run GPU-Z monitoring window and run 3D Load. Look at your voltage again.

Oh you undervolted it for me? I'll take a closer look at the temperatures in-game. Thanks for the help! How much did you lower it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I experimented a litlle with the keplerbiostweaker and was only able to get a lower voltage offset. A Voltage Unlock would be great. I´m using a GS70 with the 870m and am trying to get the heat problem done. Good alternative without bios tweaking is to set a lower temprature cutoff via MSI Afterburner for example.

Greets, d.