NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Well, I don't know... Asus is a bit weird when it comes to mobile GPUs... for whatever reason they don't adhere to the MXM standard, probably because they want that the users have to buy new machines instead of being able to upgrade them.

Anyway, the Clevo 660m works a G75VW vbios... and pretty well, here's a run @1200MHz: http://hwbot.org/image/815912.jpg

Yesterday I managed 1330MHz, with some more voltage :D

The Dell VBIOS might work... but it's also possible that you get a black screen with it. I can take a look at the G55 vbios when I find some time.

• Thumbs Up 4

Alright, if you could take a look at the G55 vbios that would be great. Also, what do you mean about the Clevo 660m working with a g75vw? Is it the g75vw running a different bios (clevo?) and getting higher clock speeds? Thanks!

I mean that I flashed the Clevo card with a G75 vbios and it works nice in a M15x, I take the best from each world, hahahaha.

Anyway, regarding the G55vw, can you check something for me? I'm not sure whether the vbios is part of the bios or whether there's a separate vbios rom on the board... Can you dump the vbios per GPU-Z or per nvflash (DOS)?

If so, please upload it here.

• Thumbs Up 2

I flashed the Clevo card with a G75 vbios and it works nice in a M15x

If I understand you correctly you unlocked a G75 vbios? beyond the Asus imposed 135 core clock and voltage limits? If so, I would love to get my hands on that modified G75 vbios, and try it on my G75. I'm not yet sure how, as of today nvflash doesn't work with my Asus EEPROM yet, but maybe I can insert it into the motherboard bios, and flash it that way. Within the factory OC limits my 660 produces easily achieves P3100+ 3Dmarks, very respectable imho, with minimal extra heat, but there's clearly room for more :)

Hi,

have anyone tried the MSI 680M bios on a Clevo 4GB card?

Thank you very much in advance.

Julian

Oh yeah. All those epic 3DMark scores you see the 680M GTX's hitting are Clevo cards with MSI vBIOS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for your answer. Do yo know if the flashing method is the same as before:nvflash -4 -5 -7 bios.rom from a DOS USB?

Regards. Julian

I thought it was 4 5 6 but @svl7 should be able to tell you for sure.

Sent from my Sensation

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a M17x R4 GTX 680m vbios here if you could kindly take a look please :)

Sure, wanna see you breaking some records :)

If I understand you correctly you unlocked a G75 vbios? beyond the Asus imposed 135 core clock and voltage limits? If so, I would love to get my hands on that modified G75 vbios, and try it on my G75. I'm not yet sure how, as of today nvflash doesn't work with my Asus EEPROM yet, but maybe I can insert it into the motherboard bios, and flash it that way. Within the factory OC limits my 660 produces easily achieves P3100+ 3Dmarks, very respectable imho, with minimal extra heat, but there's clearly room for more :)

Yeah, I did, but I can't overclock the card per software in my system, so I just cranked up the clocks in the vbios, hahaha, got it stable up to 1330MHz (at least stable in 3dMark11).

Did you try using the lastest DOS version of Nvflash? If possible, post a dump of your vbios.

I thought it was 4 5 6 but @svl7 should be able to tell you for sure.

Yeah, as Xonar says, use -4 -5 -6. You probably need to override the SSID, stupid nvflash.

Sure, wanna see you breaking some records :)

Yeah, I did, but I can't overclock the card per software in my system, so I just cranked up the clocks in the vbios, hahaha, got it stable up to 1330MHz (at least stable in 3dMark11).

Did you try using the lastest DOS version of Nvflash? If possible, post a dump of your vbios.

Yeah, as Xonar says, use -4 -5 -6. You probably need to override the SSID, stupid nvflash.

Hi svl7, I have just installed a Clevo 680m 4Gb in an Alienware M17xR3, and it works really great (http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m18x/1860-incoming-clevo-680m-4gb-aw-m18x-r1-3.html#post23778).

I am puzzled that the vendor ID is 1028 (Dell), instead of 1558 (Clevo), Do you think it will be possible to flash it with the Dell Bios (I know Dell cards only have 2Gb, but I think the nvidia bios just check whatever memory you have)?, the idea of flashing it with dell bios it is to recover the 3Dvision in case Dell chooses to support it, or if in the future I buy a M17R4 motherboard.

Thank you very much in advance for your time. Julian

Well, hahaha, that explains a lot... for some reason they seem to flash all card for AW users with the Dell vbios, even the 7970m... LOL. Seriously, as if this would solve all the possible issues (it doesn't). At least it allows you to use the Dell drivers, well... if you want you can still flash a Clevo vbios.

Some more Dell 680m mods, @widezu69 and all other user who flash them -> please provide some feedback, I need to know how well they work, can't test them myself. Let me know what you flashed and how well it worked. Thanks.

Edit: Files removed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi svl7, when I bought the card through ebay, I did not tell them my system was a Dell (Alienware), the dell drivers did not work, and I have to use some drivers from laptopvideo2go and have to mod the inf with the card system ID card...., but probably you are right about the dell bios flash, because I do not think that the vbios is "adaptative" and changes when it recognizes a dell, clevo or msi...

Have you heard about the "Siltius" vbios mod, that has been used by "Meaker" to break 8.000 in 3dmark11?

Best Regards and thank you.

• Brian featured this topic