My new computers build possibly?

So I've decided to build my own desktop computer. I want it to be gaming based. The parts I've so far decided on are these.

Intel Core i7-4790K, EVGA GeForce GTX 970, NZXT H440 (White/Black) - System Build - PCPartPicker Canada

My questions are: is there anything I can improve or is this plenty good? Are all the components compatible with each other? What's the purpose of getting 2 graphics cards instead of one.

I would like to know because I'm to stream with this pc and I don't want to be given a hard time via hardware malfunction etc..right at the start.

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K

FANCM Hyper 212 EVO

MOBOASUS Z97 PRO LGA 1150

GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 980 (SLI x2)

RAMCrucial Ballistix Sport 16GB

SSDSamsung 840 EVO 250GB

HDDWestern Digital Blue 1 TB

CASECM Storm Stryker Full Tower

PSUSeasonic M12II-850

ODDSamsung 24x SATA

So I've decided to build my own desktop computer. I want it to be gaming based. The parts I've so far decided on are these.

Intel Core i7-4790K, EVGA GeForce GTX 970, NZXT H440 (White/Black) - System Build - PCPartPicker Canada

My questions are: is there anything I can improve or is this plenty good? Are all the components compatible with each other? What's the purpose of getting 2 graphics cards instead of one.

I would like to know because I'm to stream with this pc and I don't want to be given a hard time via hardware malfunction etc..right at the start.

This looks good. I would go with a bigger SSD because in my experience they fill up quick, even if you plan to only use it for the OS.

If you want to save a bit of money you can jump down to a 4690k without much of a performance hit.

This looks good. I would go with a bigger SSD because in my experience they fill up quick, even if you plan to only use it for the OS.

If you want to save a bit of money you can jump down to a 4690k without much of a performance hit.

I agree with wuzzard. You will need a minimum of 240GB SSD for your OS drive. Why not pick a 980 instead of a 970?

• 5 weeks later...

If you want it to be gaming based you should consider swapping out the i7 for an i5 , and get a GTX 980 instead. Or you could always get one GTX 970 now, and add another later on. Most games have decent scaling in SLI, but it will consume more power (not a problem with that power supply).

To me it looks like all those parts will fit together without problems, definitely looks like a nice gaming rig.

Dual graphics cards typically improve game performance, but doesn't double - think 30%+ improvements in performance.

Frankly, unless you have tons of cash to spend, forget it - most games don't need dual graphics, even at highest quality settings.

If you want it to be gaming based you should consider swapping out the i7 for an i5 , and get a GTX 980 instead. Or you could always get one GTX 970 now, and add another later on. Most games have decent scaling in SLI, but it will consume more power (not a problem with that power supply).

To me it looks like all those parts will fit together without problems, definitely looks like a nice gaming rig.

Can't agree with this. Yes, nowadays no game uses more than 4 threads but 3 years earlier it was difficult to imagine that probably every game would require minimum 2 of them to start. I don't think that optimization will be better in the newest games (for example AC:Unity) but we have the fact Far Cry doesn't work without 4 threads, as far as I know. And I don't think that it's an exception nor tendency. That's why I advise to buy i7 now - 8 threads will be profited much more time than 4 of i5. I hope you understand my scary english)