Is it possible to use heat shield material to reduce temperature in keyboard area?

I have lenovo Y50-70 and the problem is the keyboard area gets burning hot whenever I am doing something intensive.

I already undervolted the CPU and cache ratio by -55mv and the onboard intel gpu by -50mv.

I also installed the IdeaFan mod to make the fan ran at max RPM.

I am thinking of using something similar to car exhaust heat shield wrap to put in between the keyboard area and the motherboard to reduce the keyboard temps.

like this one: 5ft 60"L 2"w Car Bike Exhaust Manifold Header Piping Black Heat Shield Wrap | eBay

Is there any potential issues by doing that?

• 2 months later...

It will likely make the Cpu/gpu run hotter. I would advise against it. If you think about it , it may block the heat from the keyboard but it will keep it at the cpu. Try this first, Lenovo Y50 Cooling mod - 10c | NotebookReview . If that doesn't help THEN TRY the tape. Atleast this way the cooling system will have some extra oompf to rid itself of the heat you are throwing back at it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...