Win 10 = low benchmarks? En/Dis integrated? Optimal?

blowntaha

I did a lot of googling, finding mixed answers.

1. Anyone else finding low benches, specifically 3DM11, on Windows 10 Tech preview? I have a 3920XM @ stock (:() & GTX 970 via PE4L (swapping w/ PE4C tomorrow). I get max 12642 (14910 GPU score) on Win 8.1, and 11800-12000 on Win 10. Is this because of funky OS/driver/OS-incompatibilities or is my install corrupt (I have done some things.... but it's been like this since before that)? These benches are both of similar clocked setups.

2. Is it better to have my integrated gpu, intel HD 4000 completely disabled, along with discrete GPU, or better to have the HD 4000 initialized first (and then have it crash/disabled in device manager for some odd reason after boot)? My external monitor is connected via eGPU hdmi.

-Thanks

That is low to you? ^^

I would say that is within the normal variation. I bet it is more or less just the GPU driver not optimized for Windows 10.

Low as in 1k less than the win 8.1, anything beyond 8k still seems high to me LOL; before eGPU, I was getting ~3.8 (stable) -4ks (lucky if I made it through the 2nd test w/o a GPU hang..) on my pos/probably-dead 660m. Although, I did have fun upping it to 2.212 volts.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will trust your opinion.

Well, your graphics score has a 600 point difference, that can be the driver.

More important is your physics score, that has a 850 point difference. That can be:

- anti virus program

- any other program putting a (small extra) load on your system

- a already warm system, which doesn't give the CPU much "room" to keep the boost clock speed

- Windows energy saving settings prevent the CPU from boosting to 100%

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.