OSX 10.10.2 Nvidia Web Driver Not working

Just updated to 10.10.2 and it has broken the nvidia web driver "Nvidia Web Driver: 343.01.02f01 (Not Compatible)" is what it says in the nvidia driver manager and it sets it back to the OSX default driver Graphics Driver. So until there is an update to the Nvidia web driver, don't upgrade. Anyone else have any luck

official update http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/343.02.02f01/WebDriver-343.02.02f01.pkg

my attempt at modding the driver https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/422147/WebDriver-343.02.02f01-mod.pkg

I don't have my eGPU handy so I won't be able to test it...i also believe that after the install the kext will need to be re-modified.

Thank you so much for this! I updated my OS and after the restart I was left with a black screen just scratching my head. I thought I might have fried the logic board or the power supply. I'm really happy it was just a minor inconvenience.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Easiest way to deal with this is change system version. Apple killed it again. S/L/Coreservices there is a plist that carries build number, change back to whichever version you driver matches

Do any of you guys know how to install the nvidia drivers on a rMBP without a dedicated graphics card? I am looking into building this, and because i was planning to do a eGPU setup when i bought my mac, i didn't wanna "waste money" on the 750m. I hope you can help me.

I never managed to get it working in 10.10.0 so I doubt when I say i couldn't get it to work in 10.10.2 it means too much. But here's a link to the new driver for 10.10.2. Same method gets me to the end with the (14C1514) software but it never activates and takes over the internal graphics. But for your reference use this to for the newest web drivers. Go to Apple-->About-->System Info-->Software to find out which software you're using. The newest non-beta is 14C1514.

Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite - New Releases and Updates - InsanelyMac Forum

Hope that helps at all. I'm having problems with my 980gtx in OSX

• 1 month later...
Do any of you guys know how to install the nvidia drivers on a rMBP without a dedicated graphics card? I am looking into building this, and because i was planning to do a eGPU setup when i bought my mac, i didn't wanna "waste money" on the 750m. I hope you can help me.

I haven't got to this stage yet, but i have the same non dedicated graphics you have, would installing using Pacifist work? I've used that to install packages with hardware specific blocks before.

• 2 weeks later...