egpu sapphire ATI R9 270x + igpu ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 driver install failure

ccchoo

Hi,

Desperately need your help!!!

I have Dell studio 1555 + egpu sapphire ATI R9 270 + igpu ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570. I failed to install the driver. My external screen is blanks.

This is the version I installed. But it failed when installing the driver.

Catalyst Software Suite 14.4

I try to find the DNA driver, but nothing match with this new card R9 270.

Any suggestion or ways to install the AMD driver for both igpu and egpu?

The hardware is working fine, as I already try using lenovo T520 with Intel graphic inside, and it working pretty well.

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

You've answered your own question. Win7 usually needs a unified driver for your HD4570 and R9 270 to give an error free driver install for both.

Deadly_Fatal was able to successfully load drivers for both individually: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6612-diy-egpu-dell-xps-1645-exp-gdc-v6-0-troubleshooting.html#post90075

You might otherwise have better luck with Win8. The driver model there allowing independent drivers for different video cards.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tech Inferno Fan for the quick reply.

I had tried install the driver individually, but it get error 31 in the device manager for my egpu.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

I found some solution to disable onboard graphic using bios

windows 7 - Mobility Radeon X1400 with Radeon HD 6570 - Super User

but I cant find any option to disable display in BIOS, not even option choosing what display to be use.

Any solution for this?

@Deadly_Fatal do you faced this problem before?

Hey guys yes AMD drivers can be very finicky, try this route; install DDU uninstaller, run it remove amd graphics driver, reboot, run DDU again and remove Intel HD graphics drivers, reboot. Install latest drivers for intel hd graphics, reboot, here's the most important thing don't install AMD 14.4 that hell of a thing is broken got damn it I swear don't ever install it! instead install the latest beta driver which have solved the finicky installation of AMD drivers which is amd catalyst 14.7 RC1 and then tell us your results..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 2

Please ignore..twas double post

Darn that AMD Catalyst 14.4 "Stable" which is not even true, it is not stable at all which will cause issues for notebook AMD GPUs.

14.7 RC1 is the way to go and use DDU Uninstaller properly too!

My laptop use dedicated gpu ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, it is not intel hd graphic. Somethings is conflicting between this onboard 4570 with the egpu R9 270x.

Wonder is this still work? I will have a try and report it to you later.

Thanks for the help :)

Did you have that setup 1.30 by Tech Inferno Fan? are you still on windows 7?

I didn't setup 1.30 by Tech Inferno Fan, and I still on windows 7. So there is no other ways to disable onboard graphic instead using setup 1.30?

Windows 7 will not allow you to use the eGPU without the primary video device, in your case the dGPU active. The problem you have then is requiring a unified driver for both requiring INF file modification to try to accomodate.

Windows 8 will allow the dGPU and eGPU to function independently of each other. If the same driver issue appears there then you can simply disable the dGPU via Setup 1.30 to get the eGPU working.

An alternative way to circumvent the unified driver issue with Win7 is to get a NVidia card instead.

Not sure what eGPU hardware you have but quite a few of the older Studio 15s were x1 2.0 capable, eg: Studio 1557: Laptop Forums and Notebook Computer Discussion - View Single Post - Dell Studio 1557 . Something to consider to get better performance.

Or an even better way to get better performance is to get a Sandy Bridge or newer notebook with an iGPU instead: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/4109-egpu-candidate-system-list.html#post57511

I use setup 1.3, but still not able to solve this problem, it show code 31 in my device manager for the egpu, external screen blanks.

I do disable my dgpu using setup 1.3, igpu is not found in my system. but the external screen is still blank. the internal screen hang.

I tried run pci compression, it still the same, external screen is blank.

I tried DSDT override as well, with this guide. http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/3539-guide-dsdt-override-simultaneous-igpu-dgpu-egpu.html#post49833, but no luck :(

I use setup 1.3, but still not able to solve this problem, it show code 31 in my device manager for the egpu, external screen blanks.

I do disable my dgpu using setup 1.3, igpu is not found in my system. but the external screen is still blank. the internal screen hang.

I tried run pci compression, it still the same, external screen is blank.

I tried DSDT override as well, with this guide. http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/3539-guide-dsdt-override-simultaneous-igpu-dgpu-egpu.html#post49833, but no luck :(

Are you using Win8.1? There you could certainly disable the dGPU and get the eGPU working. There would be a 'call dGPU off' in your Setup 1.30 startup.bat, followed by a 'call chainload MBR'. During that time you'd be booting blindly since the primarily display would be disengaged. You'd ensure the Chainloader->Test Run works prior and when you'd get a blank screen, you'd hit ENTER to continue loading Win8.1.

I'd expect error 31 if you are using a different AMD driver for the HD4570M and R9 270x. Did you check the driver properties for each to see what version they are? If different, then you'd need to get a unified driver for both, if it exists, or modify the INF file to add the HD4570M to the latest driver. Last I checked, the HD4570M was considered legacy with driver support stopping with catalyst 13.9.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Desperately need your help!!!

I have Dellstudio 1555 + egpu sapphire ATI R9 270 + igpu ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570. I failed to install the driver. My external screen is blanks.

This is the version I installed. But it failed when installing the driver.

Catalyst Software Suite 14.4

I try to find the DNA driver, but nothing match with this new card R9 270.

Any suggestion or ways to install the AMD driver for both igpu and egpu?

The hardware is working fine, as I already try using lenovo T520 with Intel graphic inside, and it working pretty well.

Thanks

I'm having same trouble with ccchoo, the external screen was blank after i plugged egpu. I'm using windows 8.1 and 8gb ram, tried to detect external monitor on display settings nothing seems to appear...

maybe the problem is to try the nvidia card first, if the card is success to display the external monitor, it could be the amd drivers problem

Wait

- - - Updated - - -

Do this carefully step by step.

-download and install DDU Uninstaller.

-download desktop AMD Catalyst 14.9 WQHL driver

-download latest intel hd graphics driver

-run DDU uninstaller and remove AMD graphics first (just follow prompts, Clean and reboot)

-run DDU uninstaller again and remove Intel graphics driver. Reboot

-install intel hd graphics drivers reboot

-install AMD Catalyst 14.9 WQHL driver with your eGPU attached to your PC powered on (don't worry this is completely safe trust me) Reboot

-once it has booted, just press your FN+Display button and select secondary display only and enjoy your setup

I assume you are having Windows 8.1 FTW

And no you can't have a unified driver for both eGPU and discrete GPU,

I think that Mobility Radeon HD 4570M runs on a legacy driver now, not so sure though.

Mobile and Desktop Catalyst drivers are always different unless you modify it through rocket-science means.

in My setup it will show an error (AMD Catalyst Driver) when I run my notebook with the eGPU unplugged and only the intel hd 4000 graphics will be active.

Wait

- - - Updated - - -

Do this carefully step by step.

-download and install DDU Uninstaller.

-download desktop AMD Catalyst 14.9 WQHL driver

-download latest intel hd graphics driver

-run DDU uninstaller and remove AMD graphics first (just follow prompts, Clean and reboot)

-run DDU uninstaller again and remove Intel graphics driver. Reboot

-install intel hd graphics drivers reboot

-install AMD Catalyst 14.9 WQHL driver with your eGPU attached to your PC powered on (don't worry this is completely safe trust me) Reboot

-once it has booted, just press your FN+Display button and select secondary display only and enjoy your setup

<br />

are this steps is reffering to me or @cchoo?

Tried your instructions still not worked for me :(

Here's the detail:

Your last instruction told me to install amd driver 14.9 (not the beta version) with egpu attached to my laptop. It went smooth until i accepted to reboot, before the windows go to my desktop (there's a windows 8 icon starting up windows), it went bsod (it's said atikmpag.sys) and rebooted again and again until i unplugged the egpu.

Tried to hotplug method was not worked at all, it's not detected my external vga.

The last method i tried to disable my igpu first, then restart the windows (while the windows was restarting, i plugged the egpu).It went to the desktop with no blue screen, and i checked to device manager and my egpu (R7 250) was showed up with no errors

Screenshot:

image.jpg

I checked the egpu with HwInfo software, if you see the current clocks its 13.6Mhz. When i check my igpu (HD 7550M & 7600G) the current clocks was 199Mhz. And i thought the external graphic card was idled, am i right?

But now it still cant showing up to the external monitor, went to display settings and detect external monitor.. nothing appears

Any suggest?

Tried your instructions still not worked for me :(

Here's the detail:

Your last instruction told me to install amd driver 14.9 (not the beta version) with egpu attached to my laptop. It went smooth until i accepted to reboot, before the windows go to my desktop (there's a windows 8 icon starting up windows), it went bsod (it's said atikmpag.sys) and rebooted again and again until i unplugged the egpu.

Tried to hotplug method was not worked at all, it's not detected my external vga.

The last method i tried to disable my igpu first, then restart the windows (while the windows was restarting, i plugged the egpu).It went to the desktop with no blue screen, and i checked to device manager and my egpu (R7 250) was showed up with no errors

Screenshot:

image.jpg

I checked the egpu with HwInfo software, if you see the current clocks its 13.6Mhz. When i check my igpu (HD 7550M & 7600G) the current clocks was 199Mhz. And i thought the external graphic card was idled, am i right?

But now it still cant showing up to the external monitor, went to display settings and detect external monitor.. nothing appears

Any suggest?

Whoah this is such a whole different story now buddy wait a sec,

I did not know you had an AMD CPU, I guess you got all the steps right but I am trying to remember how I did mine at those last few steps, I remembered when I installed the Catalyst Desktop version, I did not reboot yet and checked my device manager, it shows the eGPU (initially attached and powered) as "Microsoft Basic Display" adapter. I would then push on the combination of FN plus the display function to select only my led monitor and it did went ok and I then rebooted. Now once the laptop boots up with that brand it will directly connect to my LED TV monitor and boot normally to windows 8.1 lockscreen. Although it took a while to boot up to windows 8.1, I knew why its maybe because it is performing the initial pcie compression to accomodate the eGPU electrically and integrate it into the system but neither that I experienced a BSOD unless I put that pcie reset delay button to the right side, it would display only weird artifacts.

Maybe it's an AMD APU thing..sorry..couldn't help more

Oopsie my bad!!! here I forgot one step!!

disable dGPU in the BIOS option and choose iGPU only!!!!

Don't choose switchable graphics, use integrated graphics!! shown here below

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKS28oNRH4aB4jhOrREh7h9vlqXs9EovqRjxaUKbJY36oR2PbU

Try that and tell us what happens!

Whoah this is such a whole different story now buddy wait a sec,

I did not know you had an AMD CPU, I guess you got all the steps right but I am trying to remember how I did mine at those last few steps, I remembered when I installed the Catalyst Desktop version, I did not reboot yet and checked my device manager, it shows the eGPU (initially attached and powered) as "Microsoft Basic Display" adapter. I would then push on the combination of FN plus the display function to select only my led monitor and it did went ok and I then rebooted. Now once the laptop boots up with that brand it will directly connect to my LED TV monitor and boot normally to windows 8.1 lockscreen. Although it took a while to boot up to windows 8.1, I knew why its maybe because it is performing the initial pcie compression to accomodate the eGPU electrically and integrate it into the system but neither that I experienced a BSOD unless I put that pcie reset delay button to the right side, it would display only weird artifacts.

Maybe it's an AMD APU thing..sorry..couldn't help more

Oopsie my bad!!! here I forgot one step!!

disable dGPU in the BIOS option and choose iGPU only!!!!

Don't choose switchable graphics, use integrated graphics!! shown here below

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKS28oNRH4aB4jhOrREh7h9vlqXs9EovqRjxaUKbJY36oR2PbU

Try that and tell us what happens!

I should create a new thread for discuss my problem on there, sorry..

Thats what i thought a few days ago, i have to disable igpu on BIOS, but it seems there hasn't the option to disable it on my BIOS

screenshot:

post-30466-14494998592018_thumb.jpg

I tried to contact samsung support (my laptop model: 535u4c), but they didn't released the newer version BIOS for my laptop

Maybe there was an option (disable igpu using cmd) or something like that?

post-30466-1449499859137_thumb.jpg

post-30466-14494998591538_thumb.jpg

post-30466-14494998591697_thumb.jpg

post-30466-14494998591867_thumb.jpg

I should create a new thread for discuss my problem on there, sorry..

Thats what i thought a few days ago, i have to disable igpu on BIOS, but it seems there hasn't the option to disable it on my BIOS

screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12901[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12902[/ATTACH]

I tried to contact samsung support (my laptop model: 535u4c), but they didn't released update the BIOS for my laptop

Maybe there was an option (disable igpu using cmd) or something like that?

There is an option to disable in my laptop (intel cpu+amd dGPU) in the bios and I think its a whole different story for the AMD APUs I guess.

Oh okey alright I see it...I think at this point man I guess you really need to use Tech Inferno Fan setup 1.30. It's your last option I believe. Just PM him for details.

There is an option to disable in my laptop (intel cpu+amd dGPU) in the bios and I think its a whole different story for the AMD APUs I guess.

Oh okey alright I see it...I think at this point man I guess you really need to use Tech Inferno Fan setup 1.30. It's your last option I believe. Just PM him for details.

That was a quick response, okay i will try to contact him later. Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.