x2 link problems Lenovo x200

Cosim15

PE4C v 2.1

I would like to do a x2 link eGPU setup with my Lenovo x200, but I can't do that so easily, so I was hoping for some guidance regarding this matter. Maybe someone has already done this successfully?

The main problems are these:

Firs tof all, if the PM4N is connected to PCIE slot 4, regardless if the eGPU is on or off, the bios the internal screen flashes right after turning on the computers and doesn't show anything since then. I cannot operate anything this way. External monitor also stay‘s black. The only way to avoid this is to hotplug the PM4N into port 3, but it‘s not healthy at all.

I go to setup 1.30 and do all the necessary settings, which are: disabling ports, retraining the other ones and setting x2 link width. The x2 link width is set on port 1 and port 3, I've noticed that if I disable port 1, port 3 is gone as well.

I chainload to Windows and if the eGPU is still connected I either get stuck at the Windows logo with the BSOD afterwards or startup my operating system successfully, but this way, the eGPU is not detected.

I have tried multiple times hotpluging in the eGPU and also plugging in the eGPU sleepmode style – nothing seems to work, I think i saw Tech Inferno Fan saying, that one must take out the WiFi card slot in order for the other x2 link width port to

work, but that can't be the case with me, because port 1 is the root port – if a WiFi card is not there, no other port works.

Also, whenever I plug in my eGPU into port 3, the WiFicard starts working, otherwise, it stays disabled.

I have also tried the non-optimus scipt provided by Tech Inferno Fan it didn't work, I have also tried disabling the WiFi via Windows, but that

didn't change a thing. Any ideas?

EDIT: *SOLVED*

The above mentioned problem has been solved, I am now able to connect the eGPU via x2 link with more than 4GB or RAM (no DSDT or BIOS mod requiered).

Also solved the problem with Windows loading screen hanging then BSOD'ing, and a slight different variation of error 43 and POST beep errors upon boot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.