OFFICIAL: SSD Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

Wow!! You're the man!! Can someone please +rep @StamatisX ? It's time to post benches and +rep Stam, and I'm all outta rep... lol :)

Posted a stock AS SSD run of my 320 Series 300GB drive.

asssdm.th.jpg

Edit:

And a CDM as well:

post-80-14494988515049_thumb.png

Edited by svl7
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Not specifically for Vertex2, but it will help nontheless http://forum.techinferno.com/storage/30-installing-ssd-tips-tricks-benchmarks.html

Also you may want to consider ThrottleStop and C States demotion http://forum.techinferno.com/throttlestop-discussion/23-throttlestop-guide-2.html#post11054 in case you don't want to mess with the intelppm registry tweak suggested by svl7

• 1 month later...

What the hell is this, I don't even....

LOL

That's not an SDD... it's a MONSTER!!!

On a side-note, I wonder whether my RAM can keep up with this, lmao :D

Seriously... simply love it!! Hahaha, so fucking amazing scores, me want!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not specifically for Vertex2, but it will help nontheless http://forum.techinferno.com/storage/30-installing-ssd-tips-tricks-benchmarks.html

Also you may want to consider ThrottleStop and C States demotion http://forum.techinferno.com/throttlestop-discussion/23-throttlestop-guide-2.html#post11054 in case you don't want to mess with the intelppm registry tweak suggested by svl7

Guess what I've tested if i simply disable core states in the m18x bios and in throttle stop my cpu acts like yours Stam with the intel ppm I can lock the multipliers like that and they only drop if over worked.

Man, I WISH that was my SSD.

That's what 2133mhz DDR3 will do for you. :D

I knew that lol I was going to say something but you beat me... did you use the ramdisk software i posted or a better one than that?

The one you posted, I like it. :)

[offtopic] hey have you tried anything else yet @Jimbo with the ramdisk... I may keep a 4gb ram disk in the future out of my 16gb... as long as it doesn't effect my shared video ram I will leave it permanently for a small page file and various other temp folders.[offtopic]

[offtopic] hey have you tried anything else yet @Jimbo with the ramdisk... I may keep a 4gb ram disk in the future out of my 16gb... as long as it doesn't effect my shared video ram I will leave it permanently for a small page file and various other temp folders.[offtopic]

Haven't tried anything else TBH, I only have 8gb and I'm a heavy multitasker so I kinda need it. ;)

Haven't tried anything else TBH, I only have 8gb and I'm a heavy multitasker so I kinda need it. ;)

Lol I have double your ram but you have lightning fast ram so I guess that makes up for it... I am so going to get some of that 2133mhz for this M18x next year:40_002: I want 32gb @ 2133

Edited by mw86

• 5 months later...

Sup peeps.

Here's my test results (I submitted it in the results column already) but here's a pic. It's a OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD running off my M17x r2.

post-7-14494992819554_thumb.png

Hm, EDIT: Managed to push it a little more in the next two runs. The only problem is that my CPU is at 100% now, and does not slow down :S

post-7-14494992820158_thumb.png

post-7-14494992819871_thumb.png

Edited by Jubbin Grewal

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the tweaks. Not all since it's 1. not my primary hard drive and I haven't reformated the computer before. and 2. Its a review unit so I will HAVE to return it sometime.

Still, I'm sure I can get higher scores if I did the two things above. Not bad though.