7970M crossfired vbios compatibility in a P370EM

Smiffy

My system came from the OEM crossfired - December 2012

Can anyone inform me of what differences if any are between the master gpu VBIOS and the slave.

In other words can I backup the vbios from the slave and flash it into the master or vice versa ?

Taking the date of purchase into consideration, what would my vbios version most likely be, and is there anyway of determining this visually by examining the gpu without having to unseat it.

Thank you very much for your very prompt response and insight provided @Prema (Y)

I thought that as one is the master, Enduro might result in a difference between the master and slave vbios, from what you have said O presume this not to be the case but please correct me IF I presume wrong.

One last question please ...

On an earlier post (ATI 7970m Clevo P370EM vBIOS File) You state that on EM systems AMD cards need to be flashed from within windows - it appears the OP was having issues with UEFI.

The question is, does that still apply or does it apply to me, non-uefi

or to put it another way, can I flash my 7970m vbios from DOS using ATIFlash and is this version dependent.

I ask because I am blindflashing from USB and it will be hard to determine if something is not quite working right or simply failing as I can only do it from within Windows.