Clevo P157SM BIOS crash?

Dan_Eng

Hi,

I've got BIOS crash and now my Laptop is like a brick (fans and Video card indicator work but screen is dark). When i tried to start Laptop I've got BIOS window with errror message related with UEFI. I launched BIOS reset to defaults and after it laptop just switched off. When I press power button it starts but screen is dark.

Can you please advise what can be the reason and what to do?

1. Unplug the PSU (Power Supply Unit)

2. Remove the Battery

3. Remove the small CMOS Battery cable for about 30 seconds

(Mostly located under the keyboard. For the exact location please refer to the respective Service Manual)

4. Repeat steps in reverse order

5. Be a bit easier on your settings next round.

try again dscsonnect ac adapter disconnect laptop battery remove cmos battery go make a cup of tea or coffee leave it 10 mins to fully discharge,then whilst your waiting reseat your video card,just incase.

reinsert cmos battery ac power cord attempt to reboot,be patient it might take longer to reach bios or post screen.

What exactly did you do before the issues began?

flash video card bios

flash system bios

change bios settings?

the more info you provide the more likely someone might be able to find a fix...

also go to premamod.com look into how to make an emergency bios recovery pen drive

with stock bios or prema mod bios for your specific system.