NP9570 i7 4930k overclocking

louis1978uk

Hi all my EuroCom panther 5(np9570) arrives tuesday ive already got the modded prema bios to unleast the beast within but question is

1. can someone direct me to a guide of how to overclock the cpu in the np9570 i have no idea of the bios-ivy-e limitations/starting point any help or settings or guild link would be gratefully appreciated! As im stuggling to find much info on the machine....

2. ALSO if anyone can point me to the clevo 7970m unlocked vbios for the np9570 it would be appreciated as i have 2 kicking about ill clock the monkeys out of till they die or until i can grab a pair of maxwells.

Here is the link to the 7970 vbios:http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1736-amd-7970m-modified-vbios.html For OCing the 4930K download this:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24075 Here is ascreenshot of my XTU settings when I OC. You might not be able to hit 4.5GHz; every Cpu is different.

post-229-1449499858509_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is the link to the 7970 vbios:http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1736-amd-7970m-modified-vbios.html For OCing the 4930K download this:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24075 Here is ascreenshot of my XTU settings when I OC. You might not be able to hit 4.5GHz; every Cpu is different.

got the machine today god this is the sexiest machine ive owned to date something raw about such a rediculously heavy large workstation.. thankyou very much will let you know how i get on!

- - - Updated - - -

just to confirm those dell vbios's are fine for clevo supplied cards?

that said it arrived today and im selling the card immediately hint hint,pulling a 780m from the p370sm for now till i get my claws on a maxwell there is a german reseller selling 12month warrantied cards for £780 Delivered to uk ill wait till there 550 then thats it sli the 570wm

got the machine today god this is the sexiest machine ive owned to date something raw about such a rediculously heavy large workstation.. thankyou very much will let you know how i get on!

- - - Updated - - -

just to confirm those dell vbios's are fine for clevo supplied cards?

that said it arrived today and im selling the card immediately hint hint,pulling a 780m from the p370sm for now till i get my claws on a maxwell there is a german reseller selling 12month warrantied cards for £780 Delivered to uk ill wait till there 550 then thats it sli the 570wm

If you're going to install a Nvidia 780M in the new computer you'll need a 780M vbios which can be found in the 2nd post on this page:http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html They will work with Dell Clevo etc.

If you're going to install a Nvidia 780M in the new computer you'll need a 780M vbios which can be found in the 2nd post on this page:http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html They will work with Dell Clevo etc.

already flashed them with it in the 370sm they clock like beasts

i'm having an issue i used your settings and get 4600 4600 4500 4500

but rapidly overheat.....

Any idea of a guide of what will run 4.4ghz x6 cores stable and cooler im not familiar with intels always clocked amds in the past but i dont really get what most of the settings in xtu mean atm.

already flashed them with it in the 370sm they clock like beasts

i'm having an issue i used your settings and get 4600 4600 4500 4500

but rapidly overheat.....

Any idea of a guide of what will run 4.4ghz x6 cores stable and cooler im not familiar with intels always clocked amds in the past but i dont really get what most of the settings in xtu mean atm.

My settings were 4.5GHz.x6. When I use those clocks I run on AC. It's a matter of trial and error till you find your sweet spot. Are you using 2 power bricks w/converter box? How many 780Ms are installed in your rig? If you only have 1 you probably can get away with just 1 power brick.2 of them and you'll run out of power with just 1.

My settings were 4.5GHz.x6. When I use those clocks I run on AC. It's a matter of trial and error till you find your sweet spot. Are you using 2 power bricks w/converter box? How many 780Ms are installed in your rig? If you only have 1 you probably can get away with just 1 power brick.2 of them and you'll run out of power with just 1.

settled for 4300mhz 6cores stock voltage no tweaks just moved the slider in bios (ty prema you the man!)

much nicer on temps

9822 3dmark 11 score single 780m

love to get higher but no idea about safe settings for the 780m so 1050core 2800 memory.

• Thumbs Up 1

So ok for now ive settled on

4930k 4400mhz 6 cores 12 treads active and cranked the rap up to 16gb quad channel 2133mhz stable as a rock (hyperx impact 4x4gb)

Now just need to work out why my 780m wont go past 1050 without black screen...its certainly not hot,maybe needs more power han nvinspectors slider has on offer...

• Thumbs Up 1

So ok for now ive settled on

4930k 4400mhz 6 cores 12 treads active and cranked the rap up to 16gb quad channel 2133mhz stable as a rock (hyperx impact 4x4gb)

Now just need to work out why my 780m wont go past 1050 without black screen...its certainly not hot,maybe needs more power han nvinspectors slider has on offer...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Notebook P570WM

1100mhz core clock latest nvidia driver release 22/10/14. v344.48 hense 3dmark unaproved driver message.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, the only benchmarks that run better on W8.1 are Firestrike and Skydiver. All the rest run way better on W7. I have a question for you now; I tried 16Gb of GSkill RipJaws 2133MHz in my rig and it wouldn't even post. So I went back to Kingston HyperX 1866MHz. How did you get 2133 to run on your machine?

• Thumbs Up 1

if it helps this rams rated upto 2400mhz when i plugged it in it defaulted at 1866 set to auto in system bios,i manually tweaked the settings you see in xtu,all ram and cpu settings are done via premamod bios.
Can you give me a link to Premas Bios that you are using? Thanks, Joe

Can you give me a link to Premas Bios that you are using? Thanks, Joe

GO TO PREMAMOD.COM click the np9570 from the drop down then choose v4 for normal or v3 for a 3d model password to unzip is premamod :)

http://biosmods.wordpress.com/p570wmx/

- - - Updated - - -

bootable usb drive extract the files to the pen drive root reboot spam f7 choose ur usb in the dos environment type update..

follow/accept on screen messages when machine shuts down pull power cord and leave machine off.... make a cup of tea plug machine in and reboot machine,enter bios F2 when it allows then load setup defaults and reboot

reenter bios and set up ur personailsed settings overclock ram raid-ahci etc and above all buy prema a beer :P

• Thumbs Up 1

GO TO PREMAMOD.COM click the np9570 from the drop down then choose v4 for normal or v3 for a 3d model password to unzip is premamod :)

P570WMx/NP9570 | Prema Mod

- - - Updated - - -

bootable usb drive extract the files to the pen drive root reboot spam f7 choose ur usb in the dos environment type update..

follow/accept on screen messages when machine shuts down pull power cord and leave machine off.... make a cup of tea plug machine in and reboot machine,enter bios F2 when it allows then load setup defaults and reboot

reenter bios and set up ur personailsed settings overclock ram raid-ahci etc and above all buy prema a beer :P

Ok thanks Louis, that's the version I have.

thats some sweet scores!

ur gpu cores a bit better than mine i cant reach those speeds...

What may i ask were your nvinspector settings voltage power temp on the sliders also te p states?

i havent forced any P states or anything just moved the clocks added a bit of poowah! and created a shortcut.

• 3 weeks later...