[vBIOS MOD] CLEVO 7970M vBIOS Pack (Non-Enduro)

Nospheratu

These modded vBIOS's are based on the Non-Enduro CLEVO 7970M vBIOS that was created for the CLEVO P270WM laptop. It's commonly referred to as the "RJTECH" vBIOS.

The reason I created these were primarily for myself but also other M17x R2 users that were using CLEVO cards in their machines. This is the only proven safe vBIOS that doesn't damage our RGB screens. I also experienced a weird black screen with what looked like brightness on full after a few boots when using the Dell vBIOS from svl7's mod pack so I've been using the stock vBIOS ever since.

This vBIOS should also work for the P170HM users as well (no HDMi though).

There are two different sets in this pack. The first is for users who's cards voltage behaves normally, reporting the correct 1050v stock voltage. These are located in the "Normal" folder. The other set is for users like myself who's cards refuse to work at stock voltage and experience 3D voltage "stuck at 0.950v, 0.975v or 1.000v". These are located in the "Forced" folder.

I have not adjusted any clocks as Overdrive is now enabled on all the modded vBIOS files included in the pack apart from the stock vBIOS in the root of folder. You may need to re-install your Catalysts in order for Overdrive to reflect correctly in CCC. You can then use it to set the clocks you prefer**. There are a few variations on 3D voltage ranging from 0.975v to 1.100v in 0.025v steps.

Instructions:

For flashing refer to svl7's guide: [GUIDE] AMD VBIOS flashing

All the files have the same checksum which is 0xC200. You will have to rename them to an 8 character file name before flashing. Please make sure that the checksum of the file is correct using ATIflash before flashing.

Flash at your own risk, you are responsible for your system and the changes you make on it.

That said, I have tested these modded files on my machine and they work as intended.

I would like to thank @svl7 for all his work. Without him, this vBIOS pack would not exist as I used his edited vBIOS files as a reference for creating these modded files. Thank you for creating the READ ME file as well that's included in this pack which I used as a template from your Dell vBIOS pack.

I would also like to thank test2013, a Russian member on people.overclockers.ru who's guide helped me understand where the clocks are. Also kahboom, a member on overclock .net who's guide helped me understand where to find the voltage table and how to fix the checksums. And lastly @Aikei, thank you for your guide. It helped me understand more clearly how to fix the checksums.

** If you experience a delay from Overdrive setting your clocks at boot open Regedit and go to...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> ATI -> ACE -> Backup -> Settings -> CLI

There should be a "Delay" Key with a value of 300. Change the value to 0. This is applicable to Windows 7 x64.

Clevo 7970M vBIOS - P270WM - Mod pack.zip

• Thumbs Up 7

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had the same Problem with white screen after some weeks. So now I bought a new displ and it still works right now.

But

I'm not able to use this vbios mods, because every time when I install the AMD driver, me Alien crashs with bluescreen when I restart it.

The Amd drivers works only with the original dell vbios witch I used befor......

Can some one halp me?

Please check the revision of your card. If you took a photo of the back of your card before installing it, have a look at that instead of going through the process of disassembly. I know of one other user who experiences the exact same problem with revision v1.1 of the CLEVO 7970M and the standard P270WM 7970M vBIOS which this mod is based on. Most users have the v1.2 revision of the CLEVO 7970M.

You can try using this tool to mod the Catalyst Driver package for your card while you have the above vBIOS loaded with the standard VGA drivers in Windows. Then try to install the modded driver. If that fails to work I would suggest swapping the card with another user with a different laptop who doesn't have any issues with the v1.1. You could also sell it and buy the v1.2 CLEVO 7970M which has been proven to have no issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to T|I asperger :)

Chances are you are running the same vBIOS this mod is based on. There are no changes apart from voltage and OverDrive so if this stock version doesnt resolve your problems the modded files won't either.

Did you remove and re-install the card recently? You may need to reinstall the card again just to rule out improper installation. I suggest you open up a new thread under the CLEVO section for more appropriate help.

• 2 weeks later...

Can i flash this to a dell card with ver A00 Original vbios is 015.022.000.001.000000 only asking because i don't want to get my LCD panel dead within weeks. However i don't see the relation why the heck a GPU would killing LCD panels. Just rather not install the card then if i going to end up with a dead LCD... Any experience with this would be helpful.

Thanks

The RGB LCD incompatibility is only applicable to CLEVO 7970M's. Dell 7970M's when used with our machines don't have this problem. From what I understand other vBIOS's for the CLEVO cards do not detect our RGB displays correctly and treat them as a 3D display which over time damages it. This is just a theory though, don't worry about it since you are safe with the Dell card.

Use SVL7's vBIOS mod pack as most users are using it with the DELL cards. Is there any particular reason you want to use a modded vBIOS? The reason I ask is I see your vBIOS version is 015.022 and cards shipped with that version usually are incompatible with R2's and will not provide display after installation. Downflashing the card may also lead to bricking the card.

The RGB LCD incompatibility is only applicable to CLEVO 7970M's. Dell 7970M's when used with our machines don't have this problem. From what I understand other vBIOS's for the CLEVO cards do not detect our RGB displays correctly and treat them as a 3D display which over time damages it. This is just a theory though, don't worry about it since you are safe with the Dell card.

Use SVL7's vBIOS mod pack as most users are using it with the DELL cards. Is there any particular reason you want to use a modded vBIOS? The reason I ask is I see your vBIOS version is 015.022 and cards shipped with that version usually are incompatible with R2's and will not provide display after installation. Downflashing the card may also lead to bricking the card.

Thanks Nospheratu,

I already down flashed the cards Flash chip with a SPI programmer. I am not worried about bricking the card, i experienced with bios repairs myself. If i did a bad flash just repaired with a "direct approach" Sometimes i needed to desolder the chip sometimes i dont. In this case it was working with the clip... Thanks for the help.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's brilliant news man :)

Please let me know how it goes, I'm quite interested to see if there's a particular vBIOS that works with 015.022 cards on our machines. It might make it easier for R2 users to purchase 7970M's without worrying whether it'll work or not.

That's brilliant news man :)

Please let me know how it goes, I'm quite interested to see if there's a particular vBIOS that works with 015.022 cards on our machines. It might make it easier for R2 users to purchase 7970M's without worrying whether it'll work or not.

Will do as soon i get the bracket for it. Hope i could use the card without modification.... down clocking or under-volting it.

Would be also nice if the fan work normal without hwinfo... i dualbooting with linux mint.

With a single 7970M you wont have to downclock or undervolt at all. Although at stock clocks you may want to undervolt as the card runs cooler.

Fans don't work on auto for Dell 7970M cards in our machines although AlienHack was able to get his fans on auto, Display Port, HDMi video and audio working on his Dell card by using the vBIOS that came with his 7970M ES version. I've attached it if you want to give it a try. You're fortunate in that you're able to program the vBIOS chip directly if it ends up being incompatible.

Disclaimer: This vBIOS file is intended for AssimilatorX as he is able to program his vBIOS chip if this vBIOS bricks his card. DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND FLASH this vBIOS if you are not prepared to deal with the consequences of it potentially bricking your card. Flash at your own risk.

7970M-ES-1000v.zip

With a single 7970M you wont have to downclock or undervolt at all. Although at stock clocks you may want to undervolt as the card runs cooler.

Fans don't work on auto for Dell 7970M cards in our machines although AlienHack was able to get his fans on auto, Display Port, HDMi video and audio working on his Dell card by using the vBIOS that came with his 7970M ES version. I've attached it if you want to give it a try. You're fortunate in that you're able to program the vBIOS chip directly if it ends up being incompatible.

Disclaimer: This vBIOS file is intended for AssimilatorX as he is able to program his vBIOS chip if this vBIOS bricks his card. DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND FLASH this vBIOS if you are not prepared to deal with the consequences of it potentially bricking your card. Flash at your own risk.

Will let you know ho it goes. Damn bracket hasn't arrived yet. I not in the mood to chopping up my 5870M bracket.

I using one of these flashers, if anyone interested works on win 7 x64 even on server 2008 r2.

High Speed USB Professional Programmer EEPROM FLASH ISP SP8-A 40 Pins 24 25 93 | eBay

HI,

I bought a Clevo 7970m (one of the initial batch with the tall capacitor) with a Dell vbios on it. When I plug it into my P150HM, my cpu fan does does not turn on and the machine won't post. I can't flash the card in this state. Why won't a Clevo card work in a Clevo machine?

Thanks.

I'm not quite certain. My guess would be the card is DOA or that the DELL vBIOS is somehow causing your symptoms.

I'm unfamiliar with CLEVO systems and not quite sure if there are beeps or signals that you should look out for. I suggest starting a new thread as you will get more appropriate help.

Update:

All stuff arrived to install the card :D Unfortunately my R2 wont recognize the 7970M

She gives me no GPU beeps when the 015.022 vbios flashed, and no display at all when 015.017 vbios used. Only no GPU error blinking (caps+ scroll + steady num lock) Officially GPU preventing the system to complete post.

And now the exciting part are: when i flash back the 015.022 vbios and have the card in my friends m17x-r3 it post and installs. we played games for half a day no freezing or artifacts.

Conclusion: The card rev A00 with vbios 015.022 DOES NOT WORK in the R2 nor the 015.17 vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great news about the card @AssimilatorX :D Pity about the vBIOS incompatibility though.

Did you try the ES vBIOS I posted earlier? It's a 015.013 version running 750/1100 clocks but that can be changed easily if the card works with it.

Unfortunately it didn't worked it made the card give blinking error msg on the [scroll caps num] leds . My card was fitted with Samsung K4G20325FD modules The ES Vbios only supports the Elpida ED2032BBBG and Hynix H5GQ2H24MFR memory modules no auto detection. The dell 015.022 vbios supports all 3, Hynix Elpida Samsung modules plus autodetection. However the card booting fine in my friends M17x R3 tested for few hours gaming and fury cube :D its NFF . He got nvidia 480M but thinking on upgrade to radeon :D i may let him have it.... and hope his gf not kill me. LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

Are these working for P170HM? What about HDMI?

Hi man, ;)

IRC some stock Dell vBIOS is the only one that enabled HDMI on PxxxHM models, you don't need any Mods for that.

I'll see if I can dig it up for you... ;)

• 1 month later...
Hi.

A quick question. Can I use it to flash dell 7970m on m18x r2?

Thanks

Yes it should work as users with Dell 7970M's are using it with the M17X R2. But I'm curious as to why you would want to do that? If you're looking to undervolt or overvolt or maybe overclock a bit you can use svl7's Dell mod pack. If you're looking for specifically for OverDrive you can use svl7's Dell version with OverDrive enabled.

The nice thing about having Overdrive enabled is that apart from being able to change clocks in CCC you can also increase voltage through text editing the OverDrive profile manually.

Thanks. I recently tested my 7970M on 3dmark 11. It can barely score 6100 on graphic. I think it is a little bit lower than normal 7970M can achieve. The drive is 13.11beta, bios is 015.022. I heard that Dell bios will decrease the card frequency when the temperature beyond 60C. I assume that is the problem. Will the clevo bios have some improvement?

Thank again.

• Guest changed the title to [vBIOS MOD] CLEVO 7970M vBIOS Pack (Non-Enduro)