P170EM Subwoofer problems

Aikei

Hi All and so sorry for my English.

I have a troubles with my P170EM:

Installed Windows 8 Pro x64

Installed Clevo Drivers for Realtek HD Audio, and installed Creative THX Pro software, but Subwoofer don't work, I hear only two speakers, no bass, the subwoofer has no sound.

I tryed to install newest HD Audio drivers from realtek.com.tw, but it did not work, the subwoofer has no sound again :(

Has anyone had this problem?

I just did some testing and found out that my subwoofer does not work as well. This is on windows 7.

FIXED IT:

Turns out that the THX prostudio software must be running for the sub to work. Run it and max out the speaker option. Also make sure the text is an orange color, indicating that it is on. Make sure "surround" is off, I find it to add more treble and make the bass seem less, which we do not want. The only thing I have on is "speaker".

This ups the speakers from being terrible to mediocre, but the difference is noticeable. Figuring out base boost stuff might actually make audio decent.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

The current generations of the clevos seem to have bad sound, save for the P3xxSMx models. I would either suggest an external sound card as was previously suggested, or simply a set of USB speakers or a USB headset; as these have their own "sound cards" and will provide the same sounds on any system regardless of onboard sound or not.

• 4 months later...

Not having luck with installing the THX suite either.

The integrated sound card is just poor in this unit, don't bother with it. Buy some cheap speakers at a dollar store and they will sound better, or order a proper USB sound card. I know the ASUS Xonar U3 is pretty cheap and decent.

EDIT: Had to download the suite from my official retailer (in this case, Danish brand MM-Vision), because that particular version checks BIOS for a preinstalled key or something. The activation went through with a key I've never seen before, just like my OEM version of Windows 8 where the key is hardcoded into the motherboard somewhere. Use the correct version and it should work.