Thread: [BIOS & MODS] Prema Mod / Latest stock BIOS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prema View Post
    The slave card shares a heatsink with the CPU so temps are higher, that's normal...but 94c is too high, if you don't overvolt the card you should repaste the heatsink...

EDIT: Latest Stock BIOS & EC v1.00.05 for W230ST added to the OP

PW: premamod.com

ENJOY!
    Is the Sager version out? Mine is already on Sager BIOS and I'm not sure if there's any significant difference between the versions on the W230ST.
    Clevo P150EM : PREMA BIOS P150EM-K2 / i7-3840QM / GTX 680M 4GB + svl7 Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01 Overvolt v1050 / 16GB RAM @ 1600 MHz

Clevo W230ST : 1.00.03LS2/ i7-4700MQ (Undervolted -80mV) / GTX 765M 2GB (Overclocked Core +125MHz + vRAM 560MHz) / 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Prema: what about ME for w230st ?
    Is there any update ? Also, do you know which version of Intel's ME driver does the best with latest bios ?
    Thanks =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anos View Post
    1)Load default setting, save and reboot
    2)F7, still no UEFI USB device detected nor UEFI label
    (defaul setting is UEFI: enabled, and OS: Others (win8/secureboot disabled)

If i set OS to Win 8 (secureboot enabled), i can boot UEFI USB device, and install UEFI Linux or UEFI OSX, but on restart OS is not loaded because HDD is not showed anymore in boot setting (secureboot disable them).

Please, check this!
    bump! i tryed almost everting, i cannot manage to boot UEFI Linux or OSX (without secureboot UEFI is disabled, tryed to load default setting too; with secureboot enaled i can boot only pendrives, so i can install UEFI Linux/OSX, but hard disk is not showed anymore, so i can't boot them...)
    P370EM, bios V2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by victortan001 View Post
    haha! That is fancy. The beeping is gone now. Thanks!
    Yeah, as it is unusual, I added the beep and remove PSU info for everyone into the updates readme...THX!

Quote Originally Posted by sewek1988 View Post
    I try re-install drivers, also i re-install new os with format hdd and i still have two options...
    Download the version for P170EM and try it...maybe an other driver (audio) needs to be installed before the THX setup...

Quote Originally Posted by lonesyndal View Post
    Is the Sager version out? Mine is already on Sager BIOS and I'm not sure if there's any significant difference between the versions on the W230ST.
    In almost all cases the logo and naming is the sole difference to the Clevo version...

Quote Originally Posted by lastnikita View Post
    @Prema: what about ME for w230st ?
    Is there any update ? Also, do you know which version of Intel's ME driver does the best with latest bios ?
    Thanks =)
    I'll upload it soon...

Quote Originally Posted by anos View Post
    bump! i tryed almost everting, i cannot manage to boot UEFI Linux or OSX (without secureboot UEFI is disabled, tryed to load default setting too; with secureboot enaled i can boot only pendrives, so i can install UEFI Linux/OSX, but hard disk is not showed anymore, so i can't boot them...)
    P370EM, bios V2
    I'll try OSX myself when I get a chance...
    Last edited by Prema; 09-04-2013 at 04:19 AM.
    Everything has a price!
    The price to be paid for enduring happiness is Divine Love.
    Without Love, no object can give you real happiness!
    PremaMod.com

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prema For This Useful Post:

lonesyndal (09-04-2013),victortan001 (09-04-2013)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool =)
    One last question, your 05 bios version is only 4MB, while the one from clevo ftp is 6MB, do you happen to know the difference ?
    Cheers and thank you again !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnikita View Post
    Cool =)
    One last question, your 05 bios version is only 4MB, while the one from clevo ftp is 6MB, do you happen to know the difference ?
    Cheers and thank you again !
    I removed the incl. "OLD" ME firmware and will instead offer a separate flash with the latest ME soon...this allows me to push the more frequent ME updates independently from the less frequent BIOS/EC updates...
    Last edited by Prema; 09-04-2013 at 04:35 AM.
    Everything has a price!
    The price to be paid for enduring happiness is Divine Love.
    Without Love, no object can give you real happiness!
    PremaMod.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know, thx.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prema View Post
    In almost all cases the logo and naming is the sole difference to the Clevo version...

I now remember why I despise the Clevo version.... "dat style note".

I'll have to bear with it until your modded one comes out or when Sager releases their own version. Never had problems with flashing different vendors so shouldn't be an issue at all.

EDIT: Oddly enough, my W230ST went up a full 8C since the BIOS update.I shall check if something is wrong since it used to idle 48-52C.

EDIT2: So before, when running all 4 cores, I could achieve the 3.4GHz frequencies under all tests. Now I can only hit 3.0 GHz on 4 cores, but 3.4GHz on 1 active core. Not sure why this is... even with throttlestop forcing 34T multipliers, its still at 3.0GHz. Temperature issue fixed itself... its back at 52C. I guess when running on battery, the fans clearly dont give a damn.

EDIT3: I might be switching back to my original BIOS... I want full control over all 4 cores again.

EDIT4: Further testing, benchmark tools WILL NOT bring my cores to 3.39-3.4GHz. However, playing games and doing CPU intensive tasks that aren't benchmarking or CPU burn-ins will bring it to those values on 3-4 active cores... the hell? Someone answer ;P
    @Prema: You should kindly fix a version of the stock BIOS that doesn't have the cruddy Stylenote screen... I'll donate right away. Even a simple swap to a Sager screen would be nicer.
    Last edited by lonesyndal; 09-04-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Clevo P150EM : PREMA BIOS P150EM-K2 / i7-3840QM / GTX 680M 4GB + svl7 Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01 Overvolt v1050 / 16GB RAM @ 1600 MHz

Clevo W230ST : 1.00.03LS2/ i7-4700MQ (Undervolted -80mV) / GTX 765M 2GB (Overclocked Core +125MHz + vRAM 560MHz) / 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello prema,
    I have a couple of question about your bioses. Actually I have a P170em with a 3630qm, 8GB of 1866 corsair vengeance, a Crucial M4 256MB as primary and a 320GB as secondary, running W8 fine.
    My bios was 1.02.17 ans EC 1.02.12. I tried to update to you V2 bios K2/2T and couldn't manage to have it boot. Actually It seems that it cannot find the M4 SSD, and got BSOD.
    I think I tried all combinations of uefi, non uefi, ahci, ide mode...
    I have to revert to 1.02.17 stock that is working fine in ide mode, but this configuration is not working with your mod.

Do you have any clue? I would be happy to run your bios for some reason, the unlocking of the BLK is one of them and more globally the XTU support.
    Thanks anyway for your work, clevo should retribute you for this work as it makes their laptop quite more enjoyable...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Prema.

I installed p370em k2 bios. All went well and it shows v2 into the bios info with your boot logo, but no custom options thats you added.... All the options are still the same, am i missing something?