Overclockable 680m bios for my p170hm

ajbutch123

I am looking for an updated version of the vbios for my p170hm's 680m. I have the original modded one from a few months back, but I need the latest one to see if it will fix some of my stability issues when overclocking. I just downloaded revision 80.04.33.00.10, but it says: DON'T USE THIS VERSION ON SYSTEMS BASED ON THE CLEVO P1x0HM SERIES!!! So, I'm really not sure where to get one that will work for p170hm notebooks

The safe vbios in a P1X0HM are the Clevo 80.04.29.00.01 and MSI 80.04.33.00.24 ov 1.000v.

The clevo vbios has a 3d voltage of 0.962v (stock voltage with this vbios) it allow an OC at max 954 core 2400 memory (may vary in function of the quality of your card) and give you a 3dmark score of 7600-7850 (in function of your cpu).

Msi 80.04.33.00.24 ov 1.000v has a 3d voltage of 1.0v it allow an OC of 1006 core 2400 memory (may vary in function of the quality of your card) and give you a 3dmark score of 8000-8130 (in function of your cpu).

If you want to reach those frequencies safely, You Must also cool your laptop with a notebookcooler and do some mod on your backplate in order to give more fresh air to the gpu.

At that moment the MSI 80.04.33.00.24 OC edition vbios (without OV) seem to have bug and give a voltage of 1.012v.

All others vbios will make your GTX680M unusable on your P170HM (the card will not be bricked but it will block the boot process, and you will be unable to restore a backup vbios unless you put your card in a P1XXEM laptop series)

PS: make a backup of your vbios before flashing your card (nvflash -b backup.rom)

PS2: Be sure to be in the latest BIOS for your P170HM

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sage...er-models.html

I am looking for an updated version of the vbios for my p170hm's 680m. I have the original modded one from a few months back, but I need the latest one to see if it will fix some of my stability issues when overclocking. I just downloaded revision 80.04.33.00.10, but it says: DON'T USE THIS VERSION ON SYSTEMS BASED ON THE CLEVO P1x0HM SERIES!!! So, I'm really not sure where to get one that will work for p170hm notebooks

If I'm not mistaken, for P170HM you can use all the vbios from MSI, and only 52 KB (88 KB) vbios from Clevo.

I recommend 1.012V vbios.

PS3: If you got a Sager don't flash with a clevo bios and if you got a clevo don't flash with a sager bios (sager bios has custom EC/KBC that wasn't compatible with standard clevo bios, there is a risk of bricking your laptop).

That is simply an invention "made by Sager", which we could never get out of peoples heads.

One guy had flashed a Clevo BIOS on his Sager and when he asked Sager for an update they gave him a BIOS which was not compatible with the EC version (it would not have been compatible even if his system would have had the Sager version of the same EC).

So he bricked his system, because of Sager's oversight, and Sager blamed him and started the "Sager's Cross-flash Myth".

In case someone is uncertain about the compatibility of a certain BIOS with an EC, then we can just remove the "/SHUTDOWN %1 %2 %3 %4" commands from the ".bat" file and flash the latest EC and, without to shut the system down in between, the latest BIOS right after that.

(On the HM series only the oldest EC is not compatible with the later BIOS revisions if I remember correctly)

On the EM/ER/ET series on the other hand we can not downgrade to very old versions even if we flash BIOS & EC at the same time.

(Just before moving to BIOS/EC 1.02.xx, so during the last few 1.00.xx versions, Clevo made some fundamental changes which cause a brick while trying to go back with regular updates) :untroubled:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That is simply an invention "made by Sager", which we could never get out of peoples heads.

One guy had flashed a Clevo BIOS on his Sager and when he asked Sager for an update they gave him a BIOS which was not compatible with the EC version (it would not have been compatible even if his system would have had the Sager version of the same EC).

So he bricked his system, because of Sager's oversight, and Sager blamed him and started the "Sager's Cross-flash Myth".

In case someone is uncertain about the compatibility of a certain BIOS with an EC, then we can just remove the "/SHUTDOWN %1 %2 %3 %4" commands from the ".bat" file and flash the latest EC and, without to shut the system down in between, the latest BIOS right after that.

(On the HM series only the oldest EC is not compatible with the later BIOS revisions if I remember correctly)

On the EM/ER/ET series on the other hand we can not downgrade to very old versions even if we flash BIOS & EC at the same time.

(Just before moving to BIOS/EC 1.02.xx, so during the last few 1.00.xx versions, Clevo made some fundamental changes which cause a brick while trying to go back with regular updates) :untroubled:

Good to know, I always didn't understand why Sager denied flashing back from Clevo BIOS to Sager BIOS. Now I now becouse EC was incompatible. If we make 2in1 update BIOS & EC without restart between updates, we have solution to don't brick Clevo machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Does that mean that in my NP8130, I can flash a Clevo or Sager BIOS back and forth without any problems as long as my EC version is the latest?

Does that mean that in my NP8130, I can flash a Clevo or Sager BIOS back and forth without any problems as long as my EC version is the latest?

YES, you can flash Sager & Clevo back and forth, but only as long as the EC version is compatible with the BIOS version.

That has nothing to do with being a Sager or a Clevo BIOS, some EC & BIOS just don't work together. (like EC v01 with BIOS v10 on P170HM)

So let's say your system uses the latest Clevo BIOS & EC (v14/v13) and you want to use the latest Sager BIOS & EC.

In this case you flash the latest Sager EC first and then, without shutting down, the latest BIOS.

(remove "/SHUTDOWN %1 %2 %3 %4" commands from the EC ".bat"). I crossflashed tons of Sager/Clevo versions with a shutdown, so it's just to be on the save side as the brick-risk is much lower if we flash all in one go, because of possible NVRAM corruptions etc...

If you want to revert back to Clevo just do it the same way with Clevo BIOS & EC.