Bricked p375sm vbios uefi problem

andrewff2

Is there anyone willing to do a custom vbios for the 8970m for clevo p375sm?? I got into bauto`s post and the vbios that he have is different than mine (if i try to flash it it gives version mismatch)

Can someone help me out? I want to oc My cards so bad they have iddle temp's at +-33ºC and in load is +-74ºC, with everything on stock...

Here is my card specs from GPUZ:

post-6855-14495000545551_thumb.gif

Any help is appreciated.

Is there anyone willing to do a custom vbios for the 8970m for clevo p375sm?? I got into bauto`s post and the vbios that he have is different than mine (if i try to flash it it gives version mismatch)

Can someone help me out? I want to oc My cards so bad they have iddle temp's at +-33ºC and in load is +-74ºC, with everything on stock...

Here is my card specs from GPUZ:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15563[/ATTACH]

Any help is appreciated.

His version would very likely work if you override the mismatch. It's a bit risky though since your system does not have an integrated graphics to flash back in case it does not work. If you have two cards you should be ok with flashing the secondary card first to see if it works.

If you are willing to try it:

atiflash -f -p 1 imagename.rom

This will flash the secondary card. Changing 1 to 0 will flash the primary.

His version would very likely work if you override the mismatch. It's a bit risky though since your system does not have an integrated graphics to flash back in case it does not work. If you have two cards you should be ok with flashing the secondary card first to see if it works.

If you are willing to try it:

atiflash -f -p 1 imagename.rom

This will flash the secondary card. Changing 1 to 0 will flash the primary.

Well i'm going to try in the secondary one let`s see if i will work, can someone confirm that this will work?

Someone please? I don`t wanna screw up :P

The subsystem ID is actually related to your laptop, not the card. I think his system is a P170SM or something which is why you get the mismatch. Its the same BIOS. You also get this warning between Dell and Clevo cards which do not always have interchangeable BIOS, which is what I was thinking of in the earlier post and that can be dangerous. Thinking on it more though, since his card is also a Clevo it will be fine.

Sup guys, well bad news the notebook isnt booting, when i flash the second card and booted it worked, but when i flashed the primary card, the notebook stopped, isnt booting and has black screen, i configured in bios to when it boots makes the blip but not even de blip is heapening can someone please help T_T

O yeah i'm using prema biosmod for the P375SM

- - - Updated - - -

After fiddling around for a momment i found the problen is the ufi, as prema stated for us to work with vbios i need to disable ufi load, but i cannot boot my notebook, is there a way to enter in bios or some recovery mode so i can disable this or i am fked? I'm almost crying here

Sup guys, here is my story

Looking for a vbios for my crossfire 8970m with unlocked voltage to up my GPU clocks (they are working with +-32ºC iddle and +-70ºC load), then i tried bauto's rom.

After flashing the secondary card and boot the notebook worked fine, after i flashed de primary GPU and booted the notebook stoppped working.

Doesn't boot anymore has only the black screen and the fans working nothing more. I even configured in bios to when it boots makes the blip sound but not even de blip is heapenning, i´m using prema biosmod for the P375SM and after looking around the problen is the uefi enabled in bios locks the notebook, as prema stated for this to work with modified vbioses i need to disable uefi, but i cannot boot my notebook, is there a way to enter in bios or some recovery mode than flash it to make it work? I have my original Vbios if there's anyway to fix it can someone tell me??? Or am i f****? I'm almost crying here!!

Sup guys just a bump here.

As i am now the notebook isn't working i'm trying to blind flash the cards but nothing is working.

The problem is when notebook start i start pressing f7 a lot after some time i press down arrow tried pressing it in different ammounts and even just pressed enter, if i´m thinking correctly the system shows in the first option the avaliable hardrives and in the end the "enter setup" option.

So when i try to enter in the usb drive to flash i don't see any response from the usb drive because when is reading it blinks (tested this funcion in another notebook).

After sometime because of the thermalfailover the computer shutdown, then i change the card to the primary slot and nothing heapens.

I read talking with Khenglish about removing the bios (HERE) i don't know it this is the best choice. And the card did flash well, when i flashed this is what heapened:

1 - Flash secondary card and boot

2 - Ater boot check if vbios changed - it did

3 - Test a game to see if crossfire is working - it worked

4 - Flash primary card and boot

5 - Computer stops working

In all of these steps i didn't remove the cards or swap them, just changed the vbios with atiflash and DOS disk (the same i am using right now)

So i don't think that doing the solder trick will fix the bios because is very different that what i have and i dont think the bios is corrupt.

Anyone has any ideas in what more can i do to fix this, i'm desperate talked to a re-seller here in Brazil and the cost for a new card is $1000,00 for the same 8970m

Does anyone here know how i can reprogram my eeprom?? i found this piece of hardware but i don't know if this works

USB Universal Programmer Support 13000 ICS EPROM Flash CPLD MCU 6pcs Adapters | eBay

Someone knows how to do it? Does anyone know something???

***** Update *****

Found this one wich is cheaper will buy and express send to me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CH341A-24-25-Series-EEPROM-Flash-BIOS-USB-Programmer-with-Software-Driver-CG-/151603290975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234c42a35f

Does anyone here know how i can reprogram my eeprom?? i found this piece of hardware but i don't know if this works

USB Universal Programmer Support 13000 ICS EPROM Flash CPLD MCU 6pcs Adapters | eBay

Someone knows how to do it? Does anyone know something???

***** Update *****

Found this one wich is cheaper will buy and express send to me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CH341A-24-25-Series-EEPROM-Flash-BIOS-USB-Programmer-with-Software-Driver-CG-/151603290975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234c42a35f

Place your EEPROM in top left adapter (first photo), place adapter in programmer itself (mind the orientation of pin #1). Attach USB to computer, start the program (it should id the chip) and flash the rom/bin/hex you want.

The second listing you posted doesn't have a SOP8 adapter, so either get one separately or solder the EEPROM to the tiny pcb (which can be placed in the programmer).

For both; the specific EEPROM you have needs to be supported by the programmer.

Place your EEPROM in top left adapter (first photo), place adapter in programmer itself (mind the orientation of pin #1). Attach USB to computer, start the program (it should id the chip) and flash the rom/bin/hex you want.

The second listing you posted doesn't have a SOP8 adapter, so either get one separately or solder the EEPROM to the tiny pcb (which can be placed in the programmer).

For both; the specific EEPROM you have needs to be supported by the programmer.

But in the datasheet of the hardware it says that supports the Pm25LV010. Well even if i have to solder it will not be a problem :P

But in the datasheet of the hardware it says that supports the Pm25LV010. Well even if i have to solder it will not be a problem [emoji14]

What's your model and does it have optimus? Also video card model? If Maxwell, it only works with a modified Windows vbios flasher (get from Prema's website). As for the USB, make sure the bios is set for all usb ports on at start.

A simple CMOS reset will reset the BIOS to default which is non-UEFI mode...

I feel you simply flashed a vBIOS designed for systems with a dGPU (Intel GPU)...best is to borrow ANY MXM gpu and use it in the primary slot to boot the system and flash a compatible vBIOS to your AMD cards (one by one).

A simple CMOS reset will reset the BIOS to default which is non-UEFI mode...

I feel you simply flashed a vBIOS designed for systems with a dGPU (Intel GPU)...best is to borrow ANY MXM gpu and use it in the primary slot to boot the system and flash a compatible vBIOS to your AMD cards (one by one).

Thanks for the answer Prema, i've been talking with Khenglish, in how to fix the mess that i made, and i'm looking now for the p375sm bios to flash it too (i think i flashed the vbios on the p375 using fn+b too tired and forgot to change flashdrive). So if you have time could you help me? with the image and the how-to... i really don`t wanna mess up anymore T_T

We can not flash a vBIOS with the FN+B method only BIOS files.

All you need is another GPU or one of your cards flashed with the correct vBIOS by someone else and returned to you.

We can not flash a vBIOS with the FN+B method only BIOS files.

All you need is another GPU or one of your cards flashed with the correct vBIOS by someone else and returned to you.

Ok i get it now, thanks for the help prema.