Sager NP9380-S 120Hz SLI Issues. Fluttering scanlines/flickering.

BudMarLeY

So when I have my 780m's in SLI mode and I'm in 120hz on the control panel I get this issue with ALL games that are in fullscreen.

If anyone knows how to fix this I would be forever in your debt.

Ive done everything from patching the pixel clock, to uninstalling and wiping the drivers and installing new drivers to doing the beta drivers. Nothing has worked.

I heard that it is common for this issue with clevo laptops. Does anyone else experience this?

Please help me.

Could this be a vBIOS issue?

if sli is off and im at 120hz the issue is gone, or if im at 60hz with sli on the issue isnt there. When im at 120hz w/ sli on and im in fullscreen thats when the problem comes up

• Thumbs Up 1

Please let us know your NVIDIA driver, main BIOS & EC versions (F2 Boot Menu) and the vBIOS used in each of your GPUs (GPU-Z).

If your reseller plugged one from an other system and the now they each use a different vBIOS than that may very well cause this problem...

In this case we will simply have to flash it with the correct and unified version.

327.23 is the one I'm using, and the vbios is the same for both cards. I RMAed it yesturday so I can't check the bios and ec versions. All I remember is my bios date was Sept 2013. If I get it back and the issue is still there I'm going to flash the vbios. I was also told in NBR forums that the 330w PSU doesn't have enough power to run the 780m in SLI with 120hz enabled.

I just hate to think that I spent 3k for a laptop with SLI and a 120hz monito cant run either together.

OK, please let me know the vBIOS version, as there where updates for the SLI systems...

Hey Prema. I am having the same issue. The main bios version is 1.00.02SL1. The Vbios is 80.04.BD.00.05. any help or suggestion you give will be appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Prema. I am having the same issue. The main bios version is 1.00.02SL1. The Vbios is 80.04.BD.00.05. any help or suggestion you give will be appreciated.

Yea thats the vBIOS I have on my system as well. I remember that number from looking at it so much. thanks dre dre. DO you have the 9380-S as well?

OK, please let me know the vBIOS version, as there where updates for the SLI systems...

As soon as I get it back in a few days, I'll post up everything.

This is a post I did in NBR with the same issue. Was hoping they could help me but I guess not.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/733924-sager-np9380-s-120hz-780m-sli-flickering-lines-problem-please-help.html

how do I go about flashing both cards when they are in SLI, dont I just have to flash it overall and it does both cards or do I have to do each one individually? I kinda nervious flashing a BIOS as I have never done it before. I set up a flashdrive with freedos last night and tinkered with it on my crappy lappy, and i get the jist of it but I dont want to jack up a 3 week old laptop that cost well over 3.3k

edit: hey dre dre you have to try this flash out, see if it fixes the problem. I would give it a test run if I had my computer here with me. Im interested to see if this fixes the issue.

EDIT:

I have a copy of that already...

OK, please flash this (older) one to both the cards!

Would there be a conflict with a older vBIOS or am I over-thinking this?

Yea thats the vBIOS I have on my system as well. I remember that number from looking at it so much. thanks dre dre. DO you have the 9380-S as well?

As soon as I get it back in a few days, I'll post up everything.

i

Yeah i have the NP9380-S as well. i dont know how to flash the vbios on the two cards either. I didnt want to RMA mine because i need it for school. but let me know if they fixed it after you get it bak with a new bios.

This is a post I did in NBR with the same issue. Was hoping they could help me but I guess not.

Sager NP9380-S 120hz 780m SLI flickering/lines problem. Please help...

i have an np9380s as well

how do I go about flashing both cards when they are in SLI, dont I just have to flash it overall and it does both cards or do I have to do each one individually?

See here: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

Though if I remember correctly the latest nvflash versions will flash both cards automatically if you use nvflash -6 filename.rom

Not sure though, I don't have an SLI system. @Brian know it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Would there be a conflict with a older vBIOS or am I over-thinking this?

No this is the correct vBIOS for P370SMx & P570WM. The one you are using is for P1x0SM...

So this basically came down to Sager putting the wrong vbios in cards to run on a different platform? I am currently attempting to apply this vbios fix but I can't download anything from this forum until I make 5 post lol

• Thumbs Up 1

lol, yea welcome to my world last night :P

No this is the correct vBIOS for P370SMx & P570WM. The one you are using is for P1x0SM...

seems like clevo or sager didn't do their homework when they made this system

• Thumbs Up 1

i also have a Sager np9380-s and I am having the same flickering issue when I am in 120hz and 780m sli is enabled. My Bios version is 1.00.02LS1, EC is 1.00.05 and the vBios is 80.04.BD.00.05. I tried everything except changing the vbios but nothing have actually worked. So did anyone try the vbios thing and see if it solves the flickering problem for good or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys please tell me if this V-BIOS will resolve this issue, I too have a Sager NP9380-S that I bought from SAGER (same VBIOS VERSION) as mentioned in previous posts "vBios 80.04.BD.00.05." with the same horizontal white lines flickering in SLI mode (120hz refresh rate).

Waiting for a reply, thanks

Hi,i have a Hawkforce p370sm3 (I´m from Germany) and I am having the same flickering issue when I am in 120hz and 780m sli is enabled. My notebook is since 2 weeks in rma and i think they dont can fix it.

Did you guys try a different driver? I think it is likely that the issues is driver related, and not caused by the vbios. Maybe try the 320.49 or earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually for me I tried every nvidia driver on the market which is compatible with the gtx 780m and non of them solved the flickering problem. and as i have said before I have been trying every solution possible which could solve the problem but with no luck, the only thing I didn't try is changing the vbios.So that's why I would really appreciate if someone have tried flashing the customed vbios and see if it really solves the flickering problem or not. Thx

Actually for me I tried every nvidia driver on the market which is compatible with the gtx 780m and non of them solved the flickering problem. and as i have said before I have been trying every solution possible which could solve the problem but with no luck, the only thing I didn't try is changing the vbios.So that's why I would really appreciate if someone have tried flashing the customed vbios and see if it really solves the flickering problem or not. Thx

That's not a custom VBIOS in this thread. It's the stock Clevo vBIOS for the SLI systems P37xSMx & P570WMx.

That's not a custom VBIOS in this thread. It's the stock Clevo vBIOS for the SLI systems P37xSMx & P570WMx.

Really I didn't know that, thanks for bringing that up.So does this means that the vBois provided originally by Sager in this laptop in the first place is not the right one and that's why it's making all the flickering issues. I hope someone just try and confirm if this vBios solution does really solve the issue. As for me I didn't try flashing a vBios before and I wouldn't risk flashing one if it wouldn't solve the flickering problem.

Once I get my computer back from sager for the RMA, I'm going to check to see if they fixed it if not I'm going to load the vbios listed here. I was hoping someone who still had their computer could do it in the mean time to see if it works. I already have a pendrive with dos and the vbios listed here in it and its ready to go once I het the laptop in my hands.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here with this problem. I was thinking I was alone. If someone can load the vbios up and give it a try I would appreciate that.

I tried every driver from 310?-the newest beta.

I even modified a driver that I was told would fix it that originally wasn't made for the 780m. This isn't a driver issue with any driver nVidia has availible right now. I originally thought my bridge cable was jacked up. I looked at it to make sure none of the prongs was jacked up. Everything was good.

edit: if i can get this thing to work right, you can count me in for being a T|I lifetime member. I would be so happy to get this computer to work as it is supposed to.

Just got done talking to the sager RMA department and they told me that they have a couple laptops in for that issue and they are working to figure it out. I mentioned to them that it could be a vbios issue and they told me they don't have the flash for the vbios and clevo hasn't released one. They said that they have heard that it could be a lack of power issue, a sli bridge issue, or the vbios. So they said they will look into the bridge and power but the vbios is out of their hands. They also told me that with some of the computers the seen so far, the issue isn't as bad as I say it is and you have to be focusing hard to see it. Tell me people by looking at my video I posted in the first post wither or not you have to be looking for it. I feel that is pretty much right in your face.

I have the same problems with my np9380-s. The only way to "fix" it, without flashing the vbios, is to play games in windowed mode. Switching drivers cannot solve the problem, but playing on a single card can. I'll try to get up to 5 posts and give the vbios a shot.

I saw someone try the vbios on nbr and it seems to be working . I could not get the vbios to try it but I am using the lasted nvidia drivers and after I change the refresh rate in game and then restart the it does not flicker as much. I am awaiting the results of your RMA but I can't send mine in yet because I'm in school. I can't XOTIC would say its not that bad. With the cost of these laptop s it should not there at all..