DanXbix

Thanks to steve1ddd

Got it working on M17xR2.

Just download and install this. Drivers and Downloads

And follow steve1ddd's instructions.

Works without any problem so far.

In Windows MP change options in pref & Visualisations

Itunes

Copy c:\Program files\Alienware\commandcenter\Media plugin\Itunes\WiTunesAlienFXPlugin.dll to

C:\Users\[YOUR PROFILE NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins\

Then open itunes and go to VIEW select Visualizer...select "Alienware Alien FX" ...... YOU MUST CLICK "show visulizer" or it wont work....ez way is jsut to togle back and forth with "CTL T"....

• Thumbs Up 4

Just tried it. Few things I'd note:

- Winamp plugin didn't work on my M17x-R2

- Windows MP plugin works but I'm hardly impressed. It reminds me a lot of a third-party plugin actually. I think it would look much better if the colors wouldn't blink, but would dim smoother.

- It takes a bit to set it up. All defaults are setup with all zones activated by all frequencies. Just can't be bothered to spend that much time adjusting it right now. :)

Yep, thanks anyway. I kept it in the hope that I'll be able to have time to play with it at some point. I just hoped the effects are smoother, but they aren't. It's a neat idea, but the way both of the AlienFX systems work, I got annoyed with it after some time.

There was 1 video I saw once that seemed to have more smooth lighting demo on M17x, but it got removed from youtube.

• Founder

I'm guessing this plugin functions similar to this:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEdpYWj79Ac?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEdpYWj79Ac?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

• Thumbs Up 1