Hard Core noob gamer :)

Hi, i'm from Brazil and i'm going to Orlando next month, so i decided to buy a M18x 2630 with 6990 cf 4gb ram 133 320gb HDD, and i'll buy a vertex 3 and a momentus XT and 8g Hyperx 1600. The question is, if i never overclock the CPU or GPU can i use it without cooling pads or without repaste the GPUs? I'm not an expert so i want to swap the SSD and momentus, swap the ram memory and lock it forever. I'm reading a lot of complainings about GPU 2 than GPU 1, does it affect the life of a normal gamer who wants to use the laptop for hardcore gaming but without OCs?

Thanks for the attention

• Founder

Hello @jonataavelar , welcome to the forum, yes you can use your M18x without cooling pads, the temperatures will be within acceptable limits given that there isn't any other kind of problem with them, ie hitting 100C or something. Later on when you will feel more comfortable with your laptop I am pretty sure you will try to explore its overclocking capabilities so you may end up doing the repasting, but even if you don't then you have nothing to worry about.

One advice, go for the 2720QM instead of the 2630 unless you plan to get an ES version from ebay for cheap later on.

Thanks StamatisX, Michael.

They say that ships 9 days after the payment, plus 7 days to deliver, i'm going to pay that next day delivery, do you thing they will delay the ship date?

Do you know if i can find a store to buy it in Orlando ?

Thanks

• Founder

don't trust that 9 day estimation. People here wait for more than a month sometimes, it really depends on your configuration.

Plus, don't pay the next business day shipping, instead, order with normal shipping and call after a few days requesting order expedition, they will upgrade u to NBD for free.