i7 2670QM 2.2GHz (3.1GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)

Staff Sargent

was wondering if anyone would know why my CPU doesn't come close to the reported 3.1GHz turbo when pushed and maxes out at 2.8GHz? Seemed a little strange that all the vantage benchmarks and GPU-Z etc all say max is 2.8 when it should be at least 3.0. Is there something in the BIOS that I might have set wrong? would love to get a faster CPU just can't afford it and really want the advertised speeds I should get out of the one I do have.

also amongst all mentioned above load is a factor too if load is too high for the cpus watts max and stock amps then cpu wont run max mhz for 1/2/3/4 core if its a very heavy load unless you use Widezu's trick for non-xm it will allow you SSG to see the speeds you want at heavy loads... just remember backround processes if they calculate at a certain moment and your running only a single app in single thread... what happens quickly sometimes without notice is you drop into your dual or 3 core multiplier because of that... trim some backround process maybe set a few services to manual over automatic to lower total process seen in task manager or any other task manager like process monitor... i know you did some optimizing so you may have already done this... your not new to this field at all :)

i have this link in my signature for everyone labeled +tdp for non xm that means add watts for nonxm.

http://forum.techinferno.com/throttlestop-discussion/1166-unlocking-tpl-all-cpus-m17x-r3-2920xm-overclocking-potential.html#post13922

thanks Widezu for making this guide and trick for non xm :)

Edited by mw86

• 5 months later...