CrossfireX 5870m OC Problem

aldam

Hi,

I've go a problem with OCing my xfire setup. I tried Trixx to oc the cards.

I tried but with no success. I couldn't find any options to up the voltage (it is inactive).

On the standard voltage it gains only 20mhz more on the core.

Maybe I do sth wrong. It's my first CF setup.

Bios A10, dell vbios.

aldam

select ulps disabled and restart the computer... in Trixx... then they should work maybe check synchronize cards too and also set start at windows start or the upls doesn't get applied in the registry that's all that should be needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

mw86

Thx :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2866[/ATTACH]

I still have got an inactive voltage option.

I've no idea how to increase the voltage on gpu :concern:

you are welcome. Trixx wont change the voltage for mobile cards...

go here and brush up on the tutorial.. you need to change the 3d clock profile in your vbios from 1.05 to whatever you want ... 5870ms are nice i liked the ones i had... since you can go as high as 1.15v. See the link below.

but before you flash the bios you edit them in RBE and save them and then place on the thumb drive as explained in the guide.

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x/51-ati-amd-5870m-vbios-flash.html

see here to learn RBE vbios editor : Tutorial on how to use RBE (Radeon BIOS Editor) | techPowerUp

• Thumbs Up 1

Thx again.

I had M6500 with 7820m (5870m). I remeber I could change the voltage in Trixx. But nevermind I've to try to edit the vbios.

The max on stock v is 840/1240 and it gives me 4900 points in 3dmark11.