M17x R3 upgraded 780m Integrated Graphics question

fallen-mask

Hi, I'm new here and totally new on upgrading anything electronics and I just wanted to say first that you guys and many of the post on here regarding upgrading from the gtx 560m to the 780m have saved me a lot of headaches, especially the moddified nvdmi.sys for 344.65 which allowed it to be detected in the first place, thank you so much.

Now to my current question: I've been running my laptop with an external monitor attached with youtube videos playing there while playing a game (far cry 4 on medium graphics) on the main monitor and I have noticed it slows down far cry a lot and it has to load areas a lot more often. I used to run games om my nvidia gpu and youtube on my integrated graphics.

Is there any way to do this with my new card? I know I would need to switch back to SG from PEG, but I'm too scared to just try and I read in a thread that just switching on Integrated graphics causes it to freeze on startup. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

• 1 month later...