original alienware m17x r4 charger

bigchuk00

Hello everyone. Please I'm looking for an online store possibly in the US where I can buy an original charger for my r4 or possibly an alternatuve that's good. I've been searching but been having mixed feelings about it all so I need your opinions please. Thank you very much for your help.

Yeah. Saw a lot there from hong Kong and China,and that's why I'm here asking. I hear an m18x charger works for us too. Is that true? I want to upgrade my GPU to a 780m and possibly future proof it for a 980m

you need to modify the m18x adapter before it can be used for m17x. for 780m, 240W is fine.

that PSU power is necessary for a alienware m17x r3 with nvidia gtx 680m?

240w or 150w is enough?

thx

240W.

Read on notebookreview that m18x charger works. Meanwhile what's d probability that a charger spills quickly due to reaching its max amount of output too often. Also heard of slight performance gains using a 330 watts charger due to more current available to the board

Read on notebookreview that m18x charger works. Meanwhile what's d probability that a charger spills quickly due to reaching its max amount of output too often. Also heard of slight performance gains using a 330 watts charger due to more current available to the board

i have found the thread about this at nbr. sorry if i was totally wrong. i have read about the mod here previously.

edit: yes, i was wrong. the 330W adapter for my 18 work well with m17x r4.

So I just got an original 240 watts adapter yesterday from a local store cuz I couldn't wait long enough to order the 330w online and it wasn't available locally and it works great. But now I've run into another problem. When playing tomb raider, my laptop automatically stops collecting power from the Ac and switches to battery after 3minutes of gaming. I quit the game, unplug n plug back in and still doesn't recognize it. But after a shutdown, it does. But entering tomb raider again brings up the issue. Anyone had this? BTW GPU was over clocked to 700mhz from 620. Its a gtx 675. Just tried with battlefield 4 and ultra street fighter. The same thing happens even without over clock. GPU temp at 71°c and CPU at 76°c (core i7 3820xm) when it happened. Their max temps ever before now with hardcore gaming are 78 and 84 respectively. I forgot to check the chip set. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT

Found the issue. The new charger was refurbished and thus couldn't carry my system under full load. Now I'm stuck on this ...

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen to me, but somehow when it showed it was "disconnected" i just unplug the part of the power adapter that hooks to the wall and wait for the green power supply indication light to go off and then replug for the light to turn back on and it has worked back to normal.

• 1 month later...

I eventually got a 330watts charger and on the first day my system was super fast. There's a theory that when you give the system more power than it needs it gets more efficient and you may get up to 10% more performance. On my first day, that seemed to be the case as my processor ran on overclock flawlessly and my gpu ran on 800mhz oc without any issues. However, from the next day, the situation changed. Now everything is running like it is using the 240watts charger. read somewhere that the 330watts defaults to 240watts after some time on the m17x and people decided to mod 2 240watts or 2 330watts together. Any one know why it defaults to 240?