Problem with a12 unlocked bios not showing hidden menus

"Hey have and m17x r3, bios a12 unlocked. I enabled igfx in the second advance menu

Option in the a12 unlocked bios and was locked out my computer. I did a blind flash and was able to restore"

my new bios problem is everytime i try to flash a12 unlocked bios it doesn't show hidden menus. I ordered my GPU and should be arriving any day now. I tried flashing down to a12 dell bios and then back to a12 unlocked but the hidden menus weren't showing up.What do i have to do to get a12 unlocked to show all menus.

what happened was i mistakenly enabled igfx in the a12 unlocked and the system went blank and after a successful blind flash my system was restore and working. Since my new GPU arrives Friday i just want to check my bios to make sure it was running the a12 unlocked version which is essential to the gpu upgrade. it doesn't show hidden menus. Im wondering if i have to clear the cmos settings again blind flash and then flash back to a12 unlocked in windows.

ps: load optimal settings is greyed out in bios

Supervisor password, fixed.

A12 Unlocked.

Samsung 840 pro Port 1

320GB seagate Port 0

With the 3D model you don't need to disable IGP, it's already disabled/not connected (PEG/eDP connector) still keep A12 unlocked for further tweaking/OCing.

Tweaks.

IDE configuration options -> Aggressive LPM support disabled (set SSD or Spinning drive options/ports) -> Windows settings (High performance) Turn off hard disk never/both

Video configuration -> 680M/780M ASPM disabled.

Power ->Advanced CPU Control ->Turbo PWR Limit MSR Lock ->Disabled.

GPU ?

Post here...

• Thumbs Up 1

@tacumadesigns driver installation GTX 770M, download GeForce 334.67 Beta Driver

- Extract driver with 7-zip/winrar

- Display.Driver folder -> open nvdmn.inf (notepad) Edit -> Replace -> Find What: 05AE Replace With: 0490 -> Hit 'Replace All' -> Save.

- Extracted 334.67-notebook...International\ -> run setup.exe.

• Thumbs Up 1

@tacumadesigns driver installation GTX 770M, download GeForce 334.67 Beta Driver

- Extract driver with 7-zip/winrar

- Display.Driver folder -> open nvdmn.inf (notepad) Edit -> Replace -> Find What: 05AE Replace With: 0490 -> Hit 'Replace All' -> Save.

- Extracted 334.67-notebook...International\ -> run setup.exe.

Before I take out my old gpu i should erase all nvidia drivers first.

Turn off integrated audio/ set monitor to PEG/ IGPU disabled

Take out the old GPU.

Apply thermal pads and thermal paste to their respective areas on the new GPU and heatsink.

Insert new GPU.

Boot.

Open the nvdmn.inf in notepad and basically replace all instances of "05AE with 0490" ok done and saved.

Then run nvidia 334.67 setup.

MODDING ?--->Is that the way you mod the new nvidia driver releases whenever a new version comes out so my GPU can run the latest drivers?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok applied tweaks 1.Aggressive LPM support disabled 2. Power ->Advanced CPU Control ->Turbo PWR Limit MSR Lock ->Disabled.

What do these two tweaks do?

Aggressive LPM support/ power management, adds latency.

Turbo PWR Limit MSR Lock ->Disabled http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/2285-unlocked-throttlestop-alienware-m17x-r3-r4-m18x-r1-r2.html

Before I take out my old gpu i should erase all nvidia drivers first.

Turn off integrated audio/ set monitor to PEG/ IGPU disabled

Take out the old GPU.

Apply thermal pads and thermal paste to their respective areas on the new GPU and heatsink.

Insert new GPU.

Boot.

Open the nvdmn.inf in notepad and basically replace all instances of "05AE with 0490" ok done and saved.

Then run nvidia 334.67 setup.

Uninstall IDT drivers (Programs and Features) -> reboot -> BIOS F2 Disable integrated sound card -> F8 Safe mode -> uninstall Nvidia drivers Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V12.0 third uninstall option (shutdown/no rescan) -> swap cards.

- Enable IDT -> install IDT Drivers

780m GTX - M17xR3 integrated soundcard working again! NO MORE USB SOUNDCARD!

- Install nvidia drivers.

MODDING ?--->Is that the way you mod the new nvidia driver releases whenever a new version comes out so my GPU can run the latest drivers?

Nope, http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/5249-%5Bguide%5D-modding-nvidia-oem-inf-files.html remember to select 'Replace All' when editing nvdmn.inf.

• Thumbs Up 1