one hour 250 degree oven story..

mike2668

Hey all,

I had a AMD 7970m that gave me artiffects and din't run on my M15x so i decided there was no way of getting it to work again..........after 3 months i finally thought about trying to recover it and so i did.

It took me like one hour at 250 dgrees (Celsius) in my oven put it in my second M15x and .....tada....it worked again,

Maybe it can help some of you so that why i posted this........good luck and if there are questions just ask....

Gr Mike

That is a loooooong time in the oven. From my experience most cards can't take take high of a temp for that long. Cards are usually heated for around 2 minutes at 250C during manufacturing, but that's with a convective oven with high air flow. Usually it takes around 15 minutes for a card to heat up enough in a regular oven or toaster oven to melt all the solder.

Glad to hear it worked. Just be gentle with it though because I don't know if the board can survive any more heating after that. I suspect it is now a very different color from how it started.