Can anyone please post a step-by-step on how to mod an inf file for the GTX 660M on M15x. The reason being I once found a thread on how to add the value to the inf and it was very easy and informative. I recently upgraded to Win8 and the driver stopped working so I'm looking for a way to get it to work again.
This is my Hardware ID:
If anyone got the same configuration to work on Win8 then please give me some details on how to do it
UPDATE: My M15x is now working normal with Windows 8, it is safe to upgrade guys.
All you need to do is upgrade to Windows 8 then disable the driver signature check:
- From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
- Click ‘Change PC Settings’ which is down at the bottom of the right pop-out menu
- Click ‘General’.
- Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
- Wait a bit.
- Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Click ‘Advanced Options’
- Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
- Click Restart.
- After it restarts then just follow the instructions on how to disable the driver enforcement
Now manually reinstall the graphic driver using the "clean install" option and you should be good to go gaming on Windwos 8