Uh oh, small piece just fell out of my computer

Gearsguy

So I was using my computer and moved it, and heard something rattling around inside. I know a screw is a little weird in there, so I popped off the bottom ready to find it and screw it in nicely. Cant find it, shake the computer a little, still hearing it inside, and this falls out. It has the words 330 155PRE on it. Doesnt seem to affect anything yet, but will be contacting Dell to find out in case. Very odd, Ive never ever dropped it or anythingpost-444-14494992153501_thumb.jpg

UPDATE: Online chat cant check so Ill have to call tomorrow

post-444-14494992154563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gearsguy

Looks like something from a board came off. Does it have any type of connection leads? Might be broken off and hard to see. Strange that the system is fine without it. Have you tested everything, DVD, wireless etc? Good luck finding where and what it is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2989[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2988[/ATTACH]

That's an electrolytic capacitor. There are tons of them on the board... but you still need them to be in the proper place ;) You'll need a mobo replacement.

• Founder
My flux capacitor fell out? Damnit marty, how do we get back now

Time to go back to the future and prevent it from breaking.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk