Acer v3-571g downgrade form 2.14 to 2.04

dziq

OK. I've done some research on web and I found something like this Catch Tito...: How to update to 2.x bios from 1.x bios (applicable for Acer\eMachines\Gateway\Packard Bell).

There is solution how to upgrade bios from 1.x to 2.x the problem was Bios Compare Error.

In my case I have similar issuses. When I try to downgrade BIOS from 2.14 to other below it I have BIOS Compare Error.

I extract installation bios file (the original one from acers website) and modify platform.ini. But when I want to start InsydeFlash.exe it overwrites platform.ini and display same error.

Anybody could help me with that. I don't want to have modify BIOS with all features I need original acer BIOS but with ONE OPTION. Disable Nvidia graphic card.

• 7 months later...

Actualy i know only three ways to Upgrade or Downgrade Bios Firmware on Laptops :

1. Recovery Mode using Decapsulated Bios Unsigned

2. Using FPT Intel and a Bios Generalized Version

3. SPI Programmer

That's It

Regards

• 1 month later...

With Acer there may also be the option of a crisis bios. This flashes outside of the OS using a USB pen drive and Fn and Esc and will go back to the version on the pen drive. I had a quick model look but didn't see one at first glance. If you post the first 10 digits of the serial number (which identifies the model; it will be something like NX.RYFAA.006) I don't mind having another look and may have more success...